Easter Hams 09 and Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I'm going to pick up two hams today....they will be soaked in the brine and then smoked next week for Easter....After they come out of the smokehouse the Easter sausage will be going in...I'm doing up two cases of butts next weekend....

img_183762_0_1667687ec00f79699cb61f56fd7cc7f6.jpg

After the knife work and before the brine my buddy who helped me build the smokehouse came by for his ham (fridge space is a premium) I brine it and he holds it for a week….anyways…we stopped out for breakfast/lunch at Duffs for wings….after working all night….20 wings and a few pictures of beer sounded pretty good…Been a while since I’ve felt no pain on a weekday at 1 pm….that’s why I only took two pics… [smilie=drink.gif]

Easter Hams are out of the fridge and in the smokehouse…in the hams place is two cases of butts for some of Grandpa Jumbos Polish Sausage….

12 hours of drying time for the hams….and a couple of pork bellies in the mix….

Two cases of butts that will become Sausage…

Two cases of Butts…..109lbs of meat….14lbs of waste (bones…trimmings ext)…12 beers a half of day and one tired dog…..

Witt, Ill be passing by there next Friday eve if you need to unload some of that meat to relieve your icebox.. Just trying to help.

john pen said:
Witt, Ill be passing by there next Friday eve if you need to unload some of that meat to relieve your icebox.. Just trying to help.
Help would have been this friday....... :twisted:
Let me know what time you are going to be stopping..

wittdog said:
john pen said:

Unfortunetly, us public servants actually have to work and dont get all the time off you public sector guys do...

john pen said:
wittdog said:
[quote="john pen":3v4s20zu]Witt, Ill be passing by there next Friday eve if you need to unload some of that meat to relieve your icebox.. Just trying to help.

Unfortunetly, us public servants actually have to work and dont get all the time off you public sector guys do...[/quote:3v4s20zu]
What was this the one day of the month you worked?

wittdog said:
john pen said:
wittdog said:
[quote="john pen":3j93f63j]Witt, Ill be passing by there next Friday eve if you need to unload some of that meat to relieve your icebox.. Just trying to help.

Unfortunetly, us public servants actually have to work and dont get all the time off you public sector guys do...
What was this the one day of the month you worked?[/quote:3j93f63j]

13th :oops:

Woke up to some SNOW this morning….the hams are almost done and should be done by the time the sausage needs to go into the smokehouse…

JP let me know about next Friday....

Nice lookin smoke house yall got there! Gatherin up the parts ta build one here in the spring. Figurine 4 x 4 er 4 x 6 foot. Did ya line yers? I was a thinin bout linin mine with concrete backer board ta keep it fire proof.

Back
Top Bottom