Dry Cured Pepperoni Finished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I decided to recap the pepperoni project in a separate thread so that it would be easier to find….when I decided to do it again.
This is the recipe that I used

Swine a Roni (pepperoni)
10 Lbs Lean Pork/ Beef
2 tsp Insta Cure 2
6 Tbls Salt (I use 4 non-iodize and 2 seasoned salt)
2 Cups Water
2 Tbls Dextrose
1 Cup Soy Protein
1 1/2 hrs 1 Tbls Ground Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Hot Paprika 2 tsp Sweet Paprika
5 tsp Anise Seed
1 Tbls Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Granulated Onion Powder 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds1
3/4 Cups of Fermento
3 Tbls Corn Syrup Solids
1 /2 tsp Ground Allspice
1 Tbl Cayenne Pepper

Here is the link and the instructions for semi dry cured. I dry cured this batch and used Cure 2 instead of Cure 1 and didn’t smoke it.

A couple of weeks ago we decided to make some dry cured pepperoni .
MJ at work

D takes a turn

Pepperoni

The curing and preserve room.

I just had to take a peak and see how the pepperoni is doing..I know it’s only been a week…but….

Two weeks in

We are getting there...the meat at the top end of the casings is nice and dry the thicker end is coming along.

We went down and check the pepperoni project this morning and it’s done its been 3 weeks…..I have to say this is some of the best stuff I’ve had the flavor is awesome..it’s got that nice twang to it….threes probably not enough time to make some more this year…but I’m already thinking about what I’m going to be dry curing next year. If I get started early enough…salami might be a project for next year.

As fast as I could cut it the boys and the mrs were eating it. Sorry about the pic quality…I have a hard time with the close up pics.

Witt,

Looks good.

Is the temperature and humidity the reason you can't make anymore this year? I've been searching the web to learn more on the aging environment for sausage. I found this blog site last night which I thought was interesting. This fellow has created his own curing chamber. Click the link and look for

Key equipment piece #3: The curing chamber

http://curedmeats.blogspot.com/search/label/Equipment

Expand the link by clicking the read more link.

wittdog said:
I have a hard time with the close up pics.
Are you using your camera's macro setting? Somewhere on the controls or on the screen when you've selected it you should find the macro symbol. That tells you the camera is ready to focus on stuff close-up.

L4_macro_icon.jpg

Looks like a tiny flower.

--John
(Some tips on using macro.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom