Dry Cured Pep and Salami 09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’m making a run to the Meat Depot and picking up the fixings for some dry cured pepperoni and some dry cured salami…I’m also going to make up a batch of Gyro meat. Hopefully this stuff will be done by Xmass.

First off where the hell you been?? Second I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the dry cured process and I gotta' tell ya' I'm a little nervous about the whole deal. I'm not sure if I have the right equipment.
Lookin' forward to this thread. 8)

I'll be buildin a sausage curin box in the not to distand future, I'll post up some picks of the project. But, don't be fraid a dry curin, been done fer a long time an makes some mighty fine sausage!

Just got finished making up 10lbs of Salami, 15lbs of Pepperoni, and 5lbs of Gyro meat. The Salami will take 6 weeks to dry cure and the pepperoni a couple of weeks.

Puff said:
First off where the hell you been?? Second I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the dry cured process and I gotta' tell ya' I'm a little nervous about the whole deal. I'm not sure if I have the right equipment.
Lookin' forward to this thread. 8)
and you are right I don't think your Mangina is the right stuff.

Rag you wouldn't happen to have the # to Dave's parole officer would you?

Puff said:
Rag you wouldn't happen to have the # to Dave's parole officer would you?

His PO is gay and keeping Dave as a private stash. Won't do any good to call. :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Dave, the large casings....what are they and what size?
The large casings are protien coated fiberous salami casings...I don't know what size they are..It didn't say on the thing

You know Dave,

If you wanted to quit your regular job, you could have a bright future in selling old school sausage and smoked meats.

Seems to be kind of a dying art.

Cliff H. said:
You know Dave,

If you wanted to quit your regular job, you could have a bright future in selling old school sausage and smoked meats.

Seems to be kind of a dying art.
He has the smoke house for it!

Pigs
BTW, where has oompappy been? He and Nancy make some great Pepperoni too!

The thicker diameter pep is done…I used a Summer Sausage size casing and it took 6 weeks….the finished size after the 1/3 size lost is perfect

Salami still has a ways to go

Looks great Dave! I can see John Penn in the squad car with the lights on and siren blasting speeding toward your place right now. :LOL: Hope you have beer for him. ;) :LOL:

Pigs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom