Beef stick(slim jim)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
I tried my hand at making some beef stick today. Everything was going good tell I start to get the stuffer set up I cleaned it and was trying to put on the 19mm collagen casing and found I did not have the right size stuffing tube so I went to plan B and I use my jerk gun and the small size stuffing tube use to make beef stick with out casing. The collagen fit on but I could only get about 3 or 4 feet of casing on. The work was slow going but it work. I made 5 pound of beef stick I will be smoking them tomorrow.

This is what used to make the beef stick.

This a 6lb chuck roast.

Hear it is all cut up for the grinder.

Hear they are ready for the smokehouse.

Awesome!!! And you included pictures! Its amazing how much $$$ you can save by doin your own jerky and as you did...beefsticks!

Care to share the recipe? You said what meat... what about the seasonings?? Come on now..inquiring minds wanna know

If i tell you I'm going to have stop coming around hear. LOL

I got a beef stick kit from Zach's and it taste very good and it came with the collagen casing so I gave them a try. I can't wait tell there smoked and give them a taste wish me luck.

I got a late start because I stayed up to late last night but they are on mow at 900am so I should be able to get done before bed tonight.

Hear is my first use of my new toy.

Hear she is all loaded up.

Hear it is all is almost done and it taste very hot I can’t wait tell they cool down and see if the sausage taste any better. The taste was good I would add a little bit of heat next time.

I ran in to a little bit of rain Smoker handled it very well.

Hear they are done and laid out to air dry and come to room temp before I package them up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom