Are YOU callin ME a FATTY?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
Why yes, yes I am.....

Well since I had the smoker fired up and I happen to have some fatty fixins, I thought why the heck not!

simple, yet tasty :D

I place the sausage out on wax paper, lay another piece of wax paper over the sausage then roll to desired flatness!

Little Provel cheese, not too much, this stuff goes a long way....there ya go

Ok now gently roll it back up and seal all the creases then dust it off with some Wolfe Rub Original

Nick brings up a good point...all to often I take the lazy route with fatties...roll them in rub and smoke them....I need to think about rolling them out and stuffing them...more often

ok, pulled the fatty and let rest, not long enough though. The cheese was still obviously hot and ran out of the sausage but that's ok, I just scooped up the cheese.....great flavor! Next time I'll wait a bit longer to let the cheese firm up a bit before I slice

It's no big deal to roll these things out...I've done numerous scotch eggs, you just gotta make sure you seal it up!

Nick Prochilo said:
Thats what I say, no big deal to roll them out. I usually use Italian sausage and put a layer of ham or salami or prisutto in there.

that's the next thing I'm doin....round here they have eyetalian sausage in 1lb ground packages....not much rolling needed ;) :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom