25 LBS Of Grandpa Jumbo(Now With Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Got a few HUGE butts on sale. .99 and used the old hand cranker to grind them up last night with the biggest blade I have. Got it seasoned and it's setting in the refer. Will crank them out later today. :D Pics to come.
Thanks Dave for the recipe! This batch will be all fresh, no smoking.

Pigs
Who knows the rules. "No pics? No sausage" :LOL:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
9.gif
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

img_185176_0_2331be0d711fc7704faacdc2c17f23fb.jpg

I like big butts. :D
img_185176_1_96815d48ed0e026c67ce77a4d4366358.jpg

All ground up.
img_185176_2_90f54cc89dfee7393c60fddda3140b65.jpg

A five pounder.
img_185176_3_030bcf106ff18da2b93879dc422143e5.jpg

All done. Yall happy now? :roll: It was fun. I was lucky to find such long hog guts. bigwheel is right, soak them in white vinegar, and no "blow outs" :D Had a few ropes that were five pounds or more. I covered it with plastic wrap and let it set for a few day's before I stuffed it. Does it make a difference? I think so.

Pigs

Well looks like you done a great job there Pigs. Sure Rytek is smiling up or down on your efforts as we speak. Leaving cured meat to set unstuffed is great for making it a lot harder to stuff. Like it say on the brochure I got with my first Oyster Electric grinder..."Whutever the meat is gonna do..it will do in the cases or out." (paraphrasing of course). Having ignored that good advice a time or two I have had the pleasure of stuffing with cured meat on a few occasions. It is for the birds and dont improve anything but the muscles in your arm and maybe the chances of breaking your equipment. Just my itchy knee sun she hoochie koochie coo jew. (That is counting in Japenaso for the ill infmored and unedumacated non linguists in the crowd..or at least some of them are right.)

bigwheel

Nice job Chris! I was starting to have my doubts about you! ;) I'm with Bigwheel about the sausages getting "Happy". It will happen in the casing just as well as outside the casing!

Back
Top Bottom