Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #11
Official BBQ Central Mark

Re: Whats going on From Michigan!

Hey Max welcome.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #12

I like your avatar. Trying to figure out how you've barbecuing for years but only
smoking for 2.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Max
Wizard of Que

Never knew what smoking was. Just got interested in it, and well I guess you can say I am hooked. As for my avatar well that is what I hope to be working one here in about a year, the military does all kinds of contracting for aviation work. But right now I have a bid on a job working on Helicopters for the local Life Flight.
Weber One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Weber Smokey Joe Gold 14"
Fully Functional UDS 22.5" Dual Layer
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #14

Whats going on From Michigan!

When I was fourteen I contracted spinal meningitis. I was moved from Jasper Tx to Herman Hospital in Houston via Life-Flight.

You have chosen a much needed career path.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #15

Double dittos on the great career path. Them whirly birds has saved a bunch of lives..when they aint crashing and killing everybody on board. Lock that Jesus nut down tight.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
Max
Wizard of Que

Lock it down to specs. Thats all you can do. I have liked choppers for along time. Went for a ride in a life flight bird not that long ago, to check out some freshly installed flight systems. You really don't understand how fast they are until you get strapped in and take flight. It was a cool flight, the pilot is a gulf Veteran, used to fly Apaches, man he was doing all kids of shit testing out the new systems. I think more or less he was trying to make me puke, but it didn't happen, and the new systems worked beautifully. Even got to go out over Lake Erie. really don't know how big they are till you see them from the air!

I have some pictures of my school, if you like I can post them up.
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #17

Well glad you like them flying contraptions..they skeer me to death. Rode in a few but a person could cut buggy washers off my coola the whole time. Back in my old troopering days all the Regional Orfices come equipped with a chopper. When I first got to Corpus..which is a Regional Orfice they had one which looked like a clear bubble with a ladder sticking out the back. They upgraded fairly rapid to Bell Jet Rangers. The pilot who was a real nice guy spent all his time in the summer flying along the beach trying to catch ladies taking a squat behind the sand dunes etc. I think it cost a hundred bucks an hour just to fly one and that would be prob a thousand bucks in todays money. I often thought..what a waste of tax payer dollars Now he did come in real handy on some deals..lol. He also tried to make me puke one day. I held it in..lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
Saint O'Que

welcome
Tri Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #19
Max
Wizard of Que

So I know people have been wondering about the school I goto, and what its like. I go to a technical school called Michigan Institute of Aviation and Technology (MIAT for short.) I have a few pictures here.

1. This is the front parking lot, we had to push the planes out because we were receiving a Wind Turbine and had to make room to get it in the shop. The front plane by the light pole is a Gulfstream Sabreliner, yes infact it was donated from the U.S. Army.

2. Here is a picture of one side of the hanger bay. This is part of our class room as well.

3. Close-up of some of the planes.

4. Here is a picture of an engine that my group overhauled. It is a Lycombing Continental 240.

5. Here is something everyone in the school has to learn how to do, safety wiring.!.!. It sucks the first time took me about 2 hours to do, because you want it to be just perfect. Now it takes me like 1 minute to do the same thing.

6. Oh here is a fun little game that one of our labs contained. Tell what each fitting is for, what material it is made from, what type of pressure it can take, and what type of threading it has on it. LOL Have fun!!!

7. The place would not be the same with out class mates. this is one of my buddies Joesph. LOL you can see my brother in the background!!! THE OLD DUDE!!!

8. Here is Simon in the front, who was trying to do his taxi driver impression "You talking to me?" And in the background is Pete. They are good peeps!!!

9. Here we are in our classroom. And here is Simon copying off me LOL......

Oh how fun school is!!!! Wish I would have done it like 10 years ago...

Weber Jumbo Joe 18"