The feminine form of barbecue and how to make it easier. - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
Pope O'Que

Re: The feminine form of barbecue and how to make it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqpitstop
Hi folks, I'll try to make a long story short if that's possible. Got the paralegal degree, hated working for lawyers, got the opportunity however to travel the country extensively including Mexico for several weeks.

Was always on the quest for good Q. With sisters in the Carolinas, I had the Charleston Po Boy yellow sauce, vinegar based, and most chains down there. Covered most of Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennesee, and everywhere in between the midwest the south and New York.

Wasn't until Kansas though that I found myself finding cheap airline tickets just to get back there for a barbecue dinner. Legendary Gus & Mae's (Johnny Carson and Doc Severenson's favorite) was good, and in the middle of absolutely nowhere. The Rollin Ribcage was a street corner that a guy pulled a smoker up on Thurs. Fri and Sat in Emporia and was excellent. Did the Kansas City circuit etc. etc...........but then..........I happened upon a bar that served ribs two nights a week. Bingo. Couldn't live without it. Got friendly with the owners and got the recipe by playing a mean round of pool and kicking some butt. Came back to Buffalo convinced I could make it. Bought a smoker, found a similar rub, ordered the sauce, and the rest is history. Thought I had a hobby but the demand grew and like it or not I was in the barbecue business. I knew I was onto something after hearing "the best we ever had" from seasoned barbecue folk. Some even admitted it put their best recipe into a "distant second" category. The real story however, isn't the Q. It's my oven. Donnie's Smokehouse a true winning competitor talked me into my first unsanctioned contest and I came in right behind him with Reserve Grand Champion on my FIRST TRY. Didn't even have a team and pretty much did it myself with help from a few friends erecting the tent and manning the concession vending while I cooked for the contest. That's how easy my oven is. It wasn't until kcbs sanctioned the competition and I had to use a different smoker (mine is electric and is smoked with wood pellets), that I found I didn't know squat about holding a temp, maneuvering product or how much smoke to submit. I also realized how much work it could really be. Needless to say I haven't grabbed top honors since that first thrill. What I DID find, was that from a business standpoint I had discovered the ultimate in barbecue cooking. My oven was large capacity like a southern pride, had even better convection capabilities and get this, It's SELF CLEANING. I'm out of words, ask me and I'll tell you where to get this oven. Save your business money, inconsistency and labor.
congratulations on all your endeavors and accomplishments and welcome to the board but the fun of Q'n IS ironing out the inconsistencies AND the labor of stoking your fire or adding another log in the firebox and keeping an eye on your temps. The bonus is hangin out with friends and family havin a few drinks, talking Q and your final product.

Yeah, the clean up is messy and boring but that's what get's you pumped for your next few months of cooks!

I'd rather get up at 3am to start a fire for the days cook or start a fire at midnight and keep an eye on it throughout the night, not set a dial and forget it.

Thats just me, but again welcome

SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Web Celeb

Advertising on the homepage is a good way to get your products out to the public...also, think about a podcast commercial...

CLICK HERE for more details!

Old 02-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #3

Ok I'm asking. Tell me about your miracle self-cleaning, non-legal oven.
BTW, the majority of the members on this board will not fall for simple
scam techniques. Better qualify yourself before getting the deposit slips out. This ain't Raichlen's board.

That said, you are allowed to market your stuff here for free. Imagine
that....a free exchange of information on bbq techniques and products...

Might want to come off the Miracle Weight Loss/Amway approach and relax a little.

And, that said,...welcome.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
Graduate of BBQ Central

Welcome bbqpitstop!
Is this what your talkin' about?
http://www.friedrichmetalproducts.com/
Are you the desperados from oinktoberfest???
Old 02-11-2007, 06:07 AM   #5

Re: testing testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqpitstop
Dont see any of my replys posted. Am I doing something wrong or does it take a day or two to post?
This one appears to be working. Are you trying to post a link?
Old 02-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #6
Pork Butt

This should be good... :P

http://www.sucklebusters.com/bbq-rubs-c-21.html
gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #7

Welcome bbqpitstop...oompapy u get a cigar
Don't mind the testosterone...this is a pretty friendly board most of the time...nice to see a fellow WNY... I think you need 10 posts to be able to post a link...anti spam stuff...

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote