Newby here, from SW Missouri - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Wannabee Master Griller

Newby here, from SW Missouri

Hello everyone, stumbled upon this forum this evening trying to spread my love of grilling and smoking to anyone that would listen, and this seems like a place filled with addicts just like me. I am still fairly young and inexperienced but I'm working on that, and feel like so far I am grilling up some good stuff. I am definitely willing and ready to learn some techniques and tips to help refine my style, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have fun and grill on

Jesse Daley
Wannabee Master Griller
jdaley4477@gmail.com
jdaley4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

Hey Jesse..welcome on over here. Let us not be no steenken strangers. What are we going to be cooking next? This place seems to be overly redundant on visual learners..then some seem to thrive on written narratives. So kindly dont scrimp in either area. Thanks.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:37 AM   #3
Wannabee Master Griller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Hey Jesse..welcome on over here. Let us not be no steenken strangers. What are we going to be cooking next? This place seems to be overly redundant on visual learners..then some seem to thrive on written narratives. So kindly dont scrimp in either area. Thanks.
Well, Tonight was just some burgers and asparagus, but the burgers had a little mexican flavor kick to them. If you haven't tried it, add a little cumin and chili powder to your meat. I found it very good!

Jesse Daley
Wannabee Master Griller
jdaley4477@gmail.com
Old 04-30-2014, 01:02 AM   #4
Max
Wizard of Que

You would think that would taste too much like taco seasoning. When I make burgers, I will take a pound of burger meat, and add in 1/2 pound ground onions, has to be fresh, and Valida, or sweet onions. Then add in some garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce These are the best burgers, and get so much praise for them. Because of the ground up onion in there, they stay moist as hell too. I know the ratio (2:1) of beef to onion is kinda insane, but it make the burger.
Weber One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Weber Smokey Joe Gold 14"
Fully Functional UDS 22.5" Dual Layer
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
Wannabee Master Griller

Sounds good to me Max, it actually did not taste too much like a taco, but was intended to be a latin flavor profile, as we put guacamole on instead of mayo. I like the onion trick, and I normally put Worcestershire on all things beef expecially but this one did not call for it.

And just for future reference, how do I add a picture to these posts or replies?

Jesse Daley
Wannabee Master Griller
jdaley4477@gmail.com
Old 04-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaley4477 View Post
Sounds good to me Max, it actually did not taste too much like a taco, but was intended to be a latin flavor profile, as we put guacamole on instead of mayo. I like the onion trick, and I normally put Worcestershire on all things beef expecially but this one did not call for it.

And just for future reference, how do I add a picture to these posts or replies?
Reply to a message with a quote. which should pull up a screen which says additional options. Inside the box will be a shaded box which says "Manage Attachments"..click on that and it will let you browse your computer for the pic you want to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st chicken.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	4747  
Old 04-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
BBQ Central Pro

Welcome jesse! I for one, think the mexi-burgers sound tasty!
boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Reply to a message with a quote. which should pull up a screen which says additional options. Inside the box will be a shaded box which says "Manage Attachments"..click on that and it will let you browse your computer for the pic you want to share.
BW, I gave you my 2nd place chicken recipe, and you already have a first place one? Unfair sir!
boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
Max
Wizard of Que

If you are linking to a of site picture for like photobucket or something like that you would insert the link inside some image brackets.

Like so:
Quote:
[img]http://www.bbq-4-u.com/attachments/photobucket/img_263251_0_b44ed63992960a7c6236153096d7c83d.jpg[/img
(I left out the close bracket)

Would be this Picture
Weber One-Touch Silver 22-1/2"
Weber Jumbo Joe 18"
Weber Smokey Joe Gold 14"
Fully Functional UDS 22.5" Dual Layer
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozer View Post
BW, I gave you my 2nd place chicken recipe, and you already have a first place one? Unfair sir!
That chicken dust collector was a very odd old deal. It was checking 145 in the thigh and time was run out..so we says..heck lets turn it on in anyway. Apparently the judges had a fixation on the breastes..since it appeared to have been attacked in only the bosom area next we seen it after judging. If a person with a thigh and haunches fetish had cut into that area..the warm blood could have squirted them in the eye. On the plus side of the scale that bound to have been some highly tasty and juicy breastes meat. Sure hope none of the table judges got the green apple quick step.