Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
dfi
Baby Back

Re: new member from mid michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Hey DFI welcome. Now I have come full circle back to electricity for long cooks..propane for grilling. Now tell us whut be the key on the Masterbuilts to keep the chips smoldering and the temps lowish? Reason I axe is a got cheap knock off made by the Royal Oak folks which has the same injuneering flaw which has the chips at the same level as the half fast water pan. Took a chinaman to think of that huh? Aint used it yet but am thinking of sitting a firebrick on edge just fits under the heating element cuz it is long and flappy and has a zig zag pattern...and putting the chip box on the element and putting a Sams half pan on the first rack from the bottom with water in it. Let me know if that seems feasible or how did you handle the problemo back afore you graduated up to wood. Or maybe it wasnt even an issue. Who knows? Thanks.

the only issue i ever have with the masterbuilt holding temp is when i tried to use it when it was below zero out. I had it in an insulated but unheated garage but i couldn't get it above 210....havent had the chip problem either.....i am using less chips than i used to even....I have been pretty happy with it, it has an electronic thermosat and timer so it is as close to set it and forget it as u can get...

can anyone share thoughts on lump vs. traditional charcoal? Bought some lump yesterday and grilled some hotdogs....think i am gonna smoke a brisket on the new rig friday but not sure which way to go

dfi is offline   Reply With Quote