New Member from Houston Texas - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
BBQ NOOB

New Member from Houston Texas

Hey everyone, My names Christopher Sanchez and I am apart of a company called Tru-Lite Gas Products in Houston Texas. We are grilling enthusiast who are always looking for new ways to improve the outdoor living experience and cooking on all different types of outdoor cookers such as gas grills-smokers-kamado cookers-and so many others. We work on many types of grills on an every day basis and would love to offer our expertise and advice on any questions you might have. I also would just love to hear and learn about everyone's different experiences and ideas on how they cook and advice on to cook better. Looking forward to meeting new people and enthusiast alike.

Christopher Sanchez
Happy Grilling To All

TruLite_Griller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Wizard of Que

Re: New Member from Houston Texas

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some posts. We like pictures, too.

Weber Performer, black

http://chaneysgrills.com/index.html
Smokey Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Saint O'Que

Welcome. Everyone here is real nice. I left my first relationship with another forum and never looked back.
Tri Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
BBQ NOOB

Welcome Christopher.

Lot's of good folks here that enjoy sharing information!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Official BBQ Central Mark

Hi Chris welcome. Now my gasser has rusted out the little thin gauge strips of angle iron which formed a little long pyramid teepee over the burners so grease did not get in em. Whut be the best strategy to replace those thangs or do they even need placing? I been cooking on it for a year or two without any at all and it seems to work ok. Knock on wood of course. Thanks.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Hi Chris welcome. Now my gasser has rusted out the little thin gauge strips of angle iron which formed a little long pyramid teepee over the burners so grease did not get in em. Whut be the best strategy to replace those thangs or do they even need placing? I been cooking on it for a year or two without any at all and it seems to work ok. Knock on wood of course. Thanks.
These Tepee style bars are known as flavorizer bars and they do protect the burners and also act as a vaporizer to send flavors back towards your meat. The best strategy would be to replace them, as with time if they are not replaced your burners can begin to deteriorate and change the dynamics of your cooking on gas grills as well. If you do get new flavorizer bars try and burn any grease or particles off them and clean them from time to time so that they do not rust out as fast. The main purpose of the bars are to enhance flavor and protect the burner system and reduce flare ups as well. What brand grill do you have by chance? Hope this helps out a little.

Happy Grilling to you!!
TruLite_Griller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #7
Official BBQ Central Mark

My brand is Uniflame made by the Blue Rhino propane delivery company as far as I can tell. They had some replacement sets of the little tents at Wallyworld where I bought the cooker up till a few years back. I thought they was a bit overpriced at around 14 bucks or so. Highway robbery huh? Anyway now I notice they dont carry them anymore sniff sniff. I'm thinking somebody just find a drunk welder and pass him/her a 12 packs to get some angle iron cut to the right length to lay across there but just aint had time to mess with it. I stay very busy ya know? lol

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #8

Welcome to the jungle!