Old 09-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
Official BBQ Central Mark

Looking mighty yummy!!

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
Boston Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Well looks like your in good hands Sir. Fat down..fat down..lol. What kinda sop/mop do he use?
well , i hope this doesnt sound like heresy , but i talked to my bro today and he says he does not mop or sop!....he says he puts a pan of water on the shelf with the smoker and relies on the rub for flavor.

Hambone1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #13

Ok..hopefully we get you on the path to help get Big Brudder edumacated here. First of all figger out what kinda rub he uses and if it aint Headcountry All Purpose..forget about it and snag some..most likely mail order item for you. Head Country | Head Country. When you get that delivered make up a make up a batch of this.

Walter Jetton's Mop Sauce (Slightly tweaked small batch*)

Now this be for a grand prize winner of course. If you just looking for something to eat person could make do with lesser ingredients.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Boston Butt

[QUOTE=bigwheel;252727]Ok..hopefully we get you on the path to help get Big Brudder edumacated here.

I don't know ,man, he's pretty hard headed. But I thank you for the link to the rub and the recipe for that mop sauce. I will definitely try that.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #15

Ok Sir..I can tell your headed down the road to enlightenment here. I have been around hard headed yankees for a good while. I feel your pain..lol. Now did have the honor to eat lunch near each day for 20 yrs. with one of them little dumplings which come from Iowa. That is up around Amarillo I think. He like kidney beans in chili. Kinky huh?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
Boston Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Ok Sir..I can tell your headed down the road to enlightenment here.
. He like kidney beans in chili. Kinky huh?
You know , I have eaten chili all my adult life and it's always made with beans. I only learned about the texans aversion to beans in chili when I started learning about BBQ !
Anyhow , speaking of chili , I bet that's good if you give it a couple hours in the smoke.

18.5 WSM , weber smoky joe , big ol sears gas grill
Old 09-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #17

Yeah followed several recipes which call for smoking the meat before cutting it up. I am with you on the beans. All the old timers will tell that not only did chili start out with beans it was all beans because nobody could afford any meat to go in it unless the cow died or something. The no bean thing arose in the fertile minds of some drunks at Terlingua back in the late 60's. When the comp chili craze got itself birthed. Much harder to mark a cup with meat and sauce than to try to pick out your pals version which has butter beans in it. Anyway as long as we are making eating chili..and as long as its Pintos..sounds logical to me. Now real chili comes in a can called Wolf Brand.