New gal - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
BBQ NOOB

New gal

I currently cook on and only a charcoal grill.
i found this site through irv2.. we have a charcoal smoker that we can not figure out how to keep the fire going. We buy nothing but Kingsford so we feel we are using the best..gone need help making this work

4mzrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to the board

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mzrider View Post
I currently cook on and only a charcoal grill.
i found this site through irv2.. we have a charcoal smoker that we can not figure out how to keep the fire going. We buy nothing but Kingsford so we feel we are using the best..gone need help making this work
Okay, welcome to our forum and we hope you can learn and enjoy from all the expert Grillers we have. Nothing wrong with Kingsford, its all about preparation and takes a little time to start up. First you need to buy yourself a Charcoal Chimney Starter. Here is what you do with the starter, take one newspaper page and place inside the bottom. Note the Chimney Starter will have lots of holes on the bottom to let in the AIR. Now place a good number of Charcoal pellets into the top and place inside your grill with cover and grills removed. Now light the newspaper while letting it set and stay inside the Grill. Once the Newspaper has burned away look to see you have all white ask PELLETS meaning they are lite and burning. Don't use any litter gas you want need the can. Don't be in a hurry let them all get GOOD AND WHITE. Once done empty into the grill adding some more new un-burnt pellets then Grill rails. Close the cover and get your food together. One dirty plate full of food coming off onto grill and a NEW PLATE to discharge each cooked selection.

Remember wait until all Pellets are white, or i'll Joking... as they have to be good and hot, problem is waiting time for them to get that way.

Have fun with it, so what are you Guys cooking on the grill?
Also understand there are basically two kinds of Grills and smokers. A Grill is mostly OPEN until you close the lead. A smoker has the fire to one-side letting in the heat which you control with the Chimney Flow of HOT air going out.

Questions
DogMan is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello everyone!!! | - »