Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #21
Baby Back

Welcome to you!

BuffaloBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #22
Official BBQ Central Mark

Ok...well its always glad to find new pals. Got into the beer brewing myself since about a freshmen in high school..so I got some experiences too. The brewing hobby is for anal retentive injuneers who like do to math and fiddle with stuff..plust do a lot of washing dishes..bottles..kegs..fermenters etc. Not quite as labor intensive as making sausage but it dont like much. Best to eat the sausage and drink the beer. Leave the boring stuff to others. See where I'm going here. Its just like reloading ammo. Its fun to shoot it but a pain in the coola to fiddle with making it yourself. Now if you just got to do it..double check before taking the first opinyawn..lol

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
Keeper of the Flame

I wish I had a yoder. Nice! And nice to meet you!
Smokey James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
Yoder Durango Chef

Thank You Smokey... I really enjoy it.... Had to wait to retire before I could get one.lol
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #25
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Ok...well its always glad to find new pals. Got into the beer brewing myself since about a freshmen in high school..so I got some experiences too. The brewing hobby is for anal retentive injuneers who like do to math and fiddle with stuff..plust do a lot of washing dishes..bottles..kegs..fermenters etc. Not quite as labor intensive as making sausage but it dont like much. Best to eat the sausage and drink the beer. Leave the boring stuff to others. See where I'm going here. Its just like reloading ammo. Its fun to shoot it but a pain in the coola to fiddle with making it yourself. Now if you just got to do it..double check before taking the first opinyawn..lol
Brewing beer is a bit easier now, than when you were in high school (was that during the prohibition times?) They have stable and certified yeast strains, quality grains and hops, and and Beer recipe design websites that do all of the number crunching for you. I'm a complete moron, and I win beer competitions all the time!
boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #26

Well i have tried it past the stone age too. Its still way too much work.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #27
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
Well i have tried it past the stone age too. Its still way too much work.
That's OK, we can just drink a few, too!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #28

You got the SS Soda Pop Can keg set up? Now that is the only way to fly in my book. Beats the heck out of washing all those crazy beer bottles. Course it aint real portable to lug to contests. lol. I love English Bitters. They have much better beer than the nutty Germans huh? Aussies have good beer too.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
BBQ Central Pro

Quote:
You got the SS Soda Pop Can keg set up? Now that is the only way to fly in my book. Beats the heck out of washing all those crazy beer bottles. Course it aint real portable to lug to contests. lol. I love English Bitters. They have much better beer than the nutty Germans huh? Aussies have good beer too.
Yep, I use the 5gl soda kegs. Don't bottle much anymore. If you're a member of a club, the kegs arent too bad for comps, just bring the full keg to the venue, and hook up to the club's communal tap system, and take it home empty! I like English, German, Irish, American, Aussie, Czech, Belgian, and Canadian beers! lol!
Old 11-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #30

Ok..I will stick with the English and Aussie variants. Bought a six pack of Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale the other day. The stuff is nasty. Bohemians should not try making pale ale.