Hello From the Kansas City area!! - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Cooker

Hello From the Kansas City area!!

I'm pretty much a die-hard griller. I keep my grill inside my garage 12 months out of the year in an open area. I just open the door enough to allow the smoke to escape!! Hahah...grilling during a blizzard is no problemmo!! I grill on average at least once a week......some weeks I may skip while others I might grill 2-3 times.

For the most part I stick to the basics, but I want to expand my horizons and to take my grilling to the next level. I've been searching forums, and stumbled onto this one which looked like an excellent place to discuss grilling!!!

These are a few of my creations over the past week....

Grilled catfish with a cajun rub...I don't like using fish baskets. I get better results right on the grate.

I grilled some chops last night...yummy!!! Once again....a cajun rub...LOL (note the plain ones for the kiddies )

My grill is a Weber Spirit....

I look forward to learning from you all and taking my grilling expertise to new heights!!!

Regards,
Paul

Buckeye_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Wizard of Que

Re: Hello From the Kansas City area!!

Welcome aboard Paul. The fish and chops look great. Nice grill marks. Look forward to future posts.

Weber Performer, black

http://chaneysgrills.com/index.html
Smokey Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

Welcome BuckeyeNut, I assume you are from Ohio or at least went to OSU. The garage must be an Ohio thing, my wife's car spends more time in the driveway than she would like, but she loves the cooking.
KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #4

This guy is gonna fit right in! First post has pictures!!!! Welcome to the jungle!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Official BBQ Central Mark

Hey Paul welcome. Seems like I used to know a Kansas City Kitty one time. Fine looking groceries. I do quite a bit of grilling on the gasser too. Prob dont average maybe twice a month. Havent got into fish too heavy. Never seen much catfish which would lay itself out flat as in the pics. Is them big fillets or split or butterflied whole fish etc. Looks sorta like flounder.

bigwheel
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
Cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbquzz
Welcome BuckeyeNut, I assume you are from Ohio or at least went to OSU. The garage must be an Ohio thing, my wife's car spends more time in the driveway than she would like, but she loves the cooking.
I'm a Pickerington native........been in KC for 11yrs. I see you are from Newark, so I'm sure you know exactly where that is......you'd love my garage!! It's all decked out in a buckeye theme

My garage is a 3car.....and the 3rd bay is my "grilling manspace". LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prochilo
This guy is gonna fit right in! First post has pictures!!!! Welcome to the jungle!
Hey thanks...yes, I was really enjoying looking at all the food pictures and cooking videos. I thought to myself, this forum is perfect!! My wife just rolls her eyes.....she just can't understand why I have food pictures on the camera. Hahahahah
Old 03-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Cooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Hey Paul welcome. Seems like I used to know a Kansas City Kitty one time. Fine looking groceries. I do quite a bit of grilling on the gasser too. Prob dont average maybe twice a month. Havent got into fish too heavy. Never seen much catfish which would lay itself out flat as in the pics. Is them big fillets or split or butterflied whole fish etc. Looks sorta like flounder.

bigwheel
They are fillets....big ones. The the 3 weighed in at 2.5lbs total. I usually buy that size and they always lay nice and flat for me. They also flip easily without problems. I looooove grilled catfish :P
Old 03-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #9

[quote=Buckeye_Nut]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Nick Prochilo":b3zb8qdd
Hey thanks...yes, I was really enjoying looking at all the food pictures and cooking videos. I thought to myself, this forum is perfect!! My wife just rolls her eyes.....she just can't understand why I have food pictures on the camera. Hahahahah[/quote:b3zb8qdd]

I'm pretty sure everybodies other halves here feel the same way!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well thanks for that catfish info. I love it fried. The storebought models we get down here tend to be more long and narrow with a notch cut out where the guts and surrounding bones has been trimmed out. I never met but one dumb Texan who even claim to know how to propaly fillet one. He was an old Perch Pimp..aka Rabbit Sheriff..aka Game Warden. It still looked real lumpy. Now was them steaks from Omaha Steaks by any chance? Reason for axing is I cooked some just the other night which looked just like that.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote