Hello from Miami Florida!! - Page 2 - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #11
Saint O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by magslam View Post
It is 78 this morning, pretty unusual. Humidity is off the roof. By this afternoon I am sure we'll be in the mid 90's.

NO, the other "HEAT".

Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #12
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Bigwheel's Grand Prize Winning Chicken Brine (Rev 1/12/07)
1 cup pickling/canning salt
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Brer Rabbit Mild Flavored Mollases
1/2 cup Kikomann Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Lea n Perrins Wooster sauce
2 T. black peppa
2 T. bbq rub* (make sure the rub aint got any meat tenderizers in it or it
will cause the skin to bus. If it mention Papain dont use it)
2 T. Granulated Garlic
2 T. Dried chopped onyawn
2 T. Liquid Crab boil (I like Tex-Joy but Zatarains will work also)
2 T. Dry mustard
1 Bay leaf
1/2 t. Mixed Eyetalian spices (oregeno, basil, tarragon, etc).

Mix it up in a gallon glass jug and fill with hot tap water. Screw on the lid and shake it up good. Let it set at room temp for a few days if you have time giving it a shake occasionally. Get it ice cold before using. Makes enough brine for two chickens or one turkey.
Thanks BWheel. This definitely is my next project. Got to get a couple of things from this list, crab boil one of them.

Thanks a million.

magslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob In Fla. View Post

NO, the other "HEAT".
Ah!!!!.......

LOL!!! My bad. Sorry. Well seems like everybody is waiting for what Lebron do. Riley is trying to get some seasoned players, Danny Granger is supposed to sign with the Heat. We'll see. No Q for the Heat!!!....LOL!!!

They sure got an epic whoop from Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard, Mills. those guys did play an outstanding championship series.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #14
Saint O'Que

I heard Lebron's planning to go with The Harlem Globetrotters. Well if that's true, I have watched my LAST Globetrotters game. The Original Harlem Globetrotters (the ones I grew up watching) will be rolling over in their graves.
Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #15
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well I would not sweat the small stuff. Hit pretty good on the local circuit before the crab boil tweak came up. One other tip is..if you get cute you sub out a quart of the water for some real good high dollar buttermilk. Do not buy the cheap low cal sheet. It jacks with the texture big time. Bordens Golden Churn works well. Or Lazy boys can add 4 T. of powdered buttermilk. I would not let it linger out of the icebox very long on the fesh buttermilk. The powder seems to do ok in the Heat...just to try to keep the choo choo going down the right thread. I dont like to get nagged at by sysops..lol. Aint claiming the buttermilk makes any better or worse but it turns it a real purty shade of white. Must be some chemical exotica at work on this. Hope I aint being overly redundant yet again by showing off my special chicken choking trophy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st chicken.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	4785  
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #16
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
Well I would not sweat the small stuff. Hit pretty good on the local circuit before the crab boil tweak came up. One other tip is..if you get cute you sub out a quart of the water for some real good high dollar buttermilk. Do not buy the cheap low cal sheet. It jacks with the texture big time. Bordens Golden Churn works well. Or Lazy boys can add 4 T. of powdered buttermilk. I would not let it linger out of the icebox very long on the fesh buttermilk. The powder seems to do ok in the Heat...just to try to keep the choo choo going down the right thread. I dont like to get nagged at by sysops..lol. Aint claiming the buttermilk makes any better or worse but it turns it a real purty shade of white. Must be some chemical exotica at work on this. Hope I aint being overly redundant yet again by showing off my special chicken choking trophy.
BWheel, my hat goes off on your presence and/or posts. Congratulations!!

Now, I consider the buttermilk touch as Valhalla; I am keeping note of this post while will begin working on the first blood, mean recipe, you gave me. I'll stick to the dot and the spirit of the brine. Its interesting that can be stored for days before using.

Bow and hats off to you, thank you and once again, Congrats for that trophy!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #17
Official BBQ Central Mark

Thanks hope you like it.

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote