You want me to go where?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
In the past week, I have had catering inquiries from Ann Arbor,Mi and the Reading ,Pa areas. I guess they googled BBQ Catering and found me. The question is, what would motivate someone to think a caterer would travel 2-3 hundred miles to do a gig? Kinda weird..........I can't take firewood into either state so, I told them "no."

More than like it's a NAMBLA convention and they got your info off of the official NAMLA member website

What do those acronyms stand for Larry? I've never heard of them, but I'm gusstin National Association of Merry Barbecue Lovers of America? :D

The woman said it was a grad party for her son's "house" so I'm guessin U of M frat party. I toyed with the idea of actually doing it, then I thought, maybe their jealous rage might get out of hand and they will trash my pit and kill me when they see my beautiful Ohio plates and the OSU decal on my window, and my Ohio State shirt, sweat pants and lawn chair. In the end, it wasn't that, or the distance, but the 05/03 date (cold/wet) and the whole EAB/Wood thing...... :cry:

Maybe you should get into the catering match making bizness. Outfit around a few years back that tried to do that..may still be around. Object being they send you an email sorta vague about a particular catering job in your area..then you pay them a small stipend and they supposedly send you the contact info. Sounded a little scammy to me but with your affiliation with NAMBLA..contacts in the bbq world and sterling reputation it might work. You could start out with the job in Michigan. Don't blame you for not wanting to do it yourself. Woody Hays would not stop in Michigan to buy gas even when the gauge was past empty or so I heard. Kindly keeps us posted.

bigwheel

My package is pretty basic. I only do about 12 events a year so, I don't have tracking ability Mom.

Woodman said:
My package is pretty basic. I only do about 12 events a year so, I don't have tracking ability Mom.

Are they showing up in your spam file?
I get quite a few of those a month.....big elaborate parties and big money.
They're just comparing prices. :roll:

No Bubba, not getting any of those.I wish I would have known about you< I could've referred the Ann Arbor group.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom