Woodman Cooking for 400+

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I was tooling down Route 2 East bound yesterday morning...glance off to the right as I saw some minor construction of what looked to be a big rental tent...and what do I see...I rather large bbq trailer nicely set up and looking ready to make some BBQ. And considering I know everyone within a 50 mile radius that has something like that too cook on I figure its gotta be Woodman.

So, I find my way to the company that was facing the highway and sure enough...he had just finished setting up, was making his list of meat to buy, and was settling in for a cook that will serve today!

Boy I tell ya, that Woodman is a funny guy...but really knows his stuff when it comes to the bbq catering...what's funnier is that after he really talks about it for a few minutes, you get this weird feeling that he hates it! :shock:

Nevertheless, a number of workers from the business stopped out to heap praise on how "cool" his pit is...and of course MARKED OUT to me and the BBQ Central Show, so we blew them off...we are WAY to cool for those kind of people!

I hope everything went well for him last night...I know it rained pretty hard on and off most of the day but it did clear up overnight...albeit a little chilly.

I would drive out there to get an update and steal a piece of brisket but I don't really like Woodman all that much to see him 2 days in a row and I am also going in the opposite direction for work today...but I'm sure he'll be on here later to give us the full run down!

Just thought I'd share my experience about running in to a local BBQ Celeb in C-Town! :shock:

Way to go Dave! I'd love to hear the story from him on this one. Post plenty of Pics.

Greg, have you cooked on the Klose yet?!

Yeah I heard that too, I think his business is now called Nuttin But Mutton! :LOL:

Sorry that's the best I could do without sending this thread to that other room!

Kloset BBQR said:
Way to go Dave! I'd love to hear the story from him on this one. Post plenty of Pics.

3...with number 4 starting tomorrow night! :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":btf53r3j]Way to go Dave! I'd love to hear the story from him on this one. Post plenty of Pics.

3...with number 4 starting tomorrow night! :LOL:[/quote:btf53r3j]
Greg you know the drill. Do I really have to type it?
Come on dude at least a video clip or something. :roll:

Who told "Puff" about the Catering Forum????? Greg, 36 hours on 2.5 hours of sleep? YOU try it and be enthusiastic!!!!! Did a wedding for 150 last Saturday, this gig for 400, and a neighborhood picnic this Saturday (I'm setting up this afternoon) and a company picnic next Saturday. Two more in August as well. Except for the "400" job ( I had a buddy help me,), I do it ALONE!!!! Anybody who has done it, understands!!!!!!!! Greg, we were really broken up when you didn't return, believe me!! At 7:00 , I hadda go to Sam's and get some foil pans? It was raining so hard I hadda sit in the truck for 10 minutes before I could get out to go in. Rained until about 9:00 pm.It did clear up and was beautiful for the rest of the night and right through the 11:00 am to 2:00 pm serving time.We had 160 lbs of butts and 160 lbs of brisket flats rubbed and on by 6:00 pm. I stack the briskets fat side to fat side so that the exposed meat gets the smoke (ring). It is the only way I can get that much meat on my rig. The upright actually has the hot spot in it. Stuff in there cooks the quickest, but gets the best bark on it!!! (read: burnt). That stuff gets a thick layer of tough bark, whick softens up in foil to be PERFECT!!) I've done this cook for four straight years, and this years, they said it was the best yet!! When Greg showed up, it was the only stain on an otherwise wonderful event! :roll:

Woodman said:
Who told "Puff" about the Catering Forum????? Greg, 36 hours on 2.5 hours of sleep? YOU try it and be enthusiastic!!!!! Did a wedding for 150 last Saturday, this gig for 400, and a neighborhood picnic this Saturday (I'm setting up this afternoon) and a company picnic next Saturday. Two more in August as well. Except for the "400" job ( I had a buddy help me,), I do it ALONE!!!! Anybody who has done it, understands!!!!!!!! Greg, we were really broken up when you didn't return, believe me!! At 7:00 , I hadda go to Sam's and get some foil pans? It was raining so hard I hadda sit in the truck for 10 minutes before I could get out to go in. Rained until about 9:00 pm.It did clear up and was beautiful for the rest of the night and right through the 11:00 am to 2:00 pm serving time.We had 160 lbs of butts and 160 lbs of brisket flats rubbed and on by 6:00 pm. I stack the briskets fat side to fat side so that the exposed meat gets the smoke (ring). It is the only way I can get that much meat on my rig. The upright actually has the hot spot in it. Stuff in there cooks the quickest, but gets the best bark on it!!! (read: burnt). That stuff gets a thick layer of tough bark, whick softens up in foil to be PERFECT!!) I've done this cook for four straight years, and this years, they said it was the best yet!! When Greg showed up, it was the only stain on an otherwise wonderful event! :roll:

Somehow a sentence that contains the words "Greg" and "stain" makes me cringe.

Back
Top Bottom