Whew!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Did my last job of the season yesterday and it was a SOAKER!!!!! Rained all during set-up Friday afternoon then, thankfully, it stopped between 6 pm and 6 am so I did not have any trouble Friday night. It started at 6 am Saturday and rained all through my 3:00 pm serve time!!! Then, thankfully again, it stopped at 5:00 so I could load up and go home! The gig was a huge success. 120 adults and 32 kids. Food was brisket, pulled pork, salmon, redskins w/ onions, green beans, and bacon, baked beans and tossed salad. Good season. I did fewer jobs than last year, but that was by choice. I have 5 regular repeating jobs (for the past 4 seasons) and am certain I will get 5 new ones from referrals next year. Salmon goes over like GANGBUSTERS ( 3-farm raised fillets on a foil cakepan with Texas BBQ Rub liberally applied and smoked at 220 for appx 1 hour until firm) as does the brisket. Alot of work and worry go into it and I am glad to be free for a while to cook for "fun!" WM

I didn't take ONE photo this summer! I guess I am too busy cooking and the like! Has the thrill worn off?

Uhhh..excuse me.. Am I to assume that there was in fact no cooking over the summer as we all know no pics = ...well you know the rest.

Did you do any prep to the salmon other than rub and smoke ?

john pen said:
Uhhh..excuse me.. Am I to assume that there was in fact no cooking over the summer as we all know no pics = ...well you know the rest.

No prep. Take out of the package. Lay flat on pan. Sprinkle both sides with rub. Smoke. I guess you could marinade in teriyaki or soy sauce first.

Woodman said:
john pen said:

No prep. Take out of the package. Lay flat on pan. Sprinkle both sides with rub. Smoke. I guess you could marinade in teriyaki or soy sauce first.

next time ytou smoke that salmon, try maple syrup drizzled, and fresh tarragon leaves.. people love it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom