Whats in a name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodman said:
Thoms Authentic BBQ . To me "Bubba" sounds "hick" and folks don't want to trust hicks with high dollar events. No offense intended to anyone from our southern states.
Thank you for making my point. For many in the North East and West coast, the name Bubba drums up images of eigther "Larry the Cable Guy" or "Larry his brother Darryl, and his other brother Darryl" from Newheart. Without a true understanding of Southern life, you can't understand the endearing qualities a Bubba or any traditionaly Southern nick name can have.

Yours truly
Rooster

RRooster, you got that right.

Thom, good luck on finding the right name and I hope you have great success.

Bubba

I like a name that implies authentic, real bbq the way it supposed to be or traditional as opposed to the Blue Bell Ice cream slogan " We eat all we can and sell the rest" :LOL:

I do like "Starvin Marvin's" but that one is taken.

Woodman said:
Thoms Authentic BBQ . To me "Bubba" sounds "hick" and folks don't want to trust hicks with high dollar events. No offense intended to anyone from our southern states.

Spoken like a true city "slicker" :LOL:

From studies I have read, Bubba is charming and endearing, but may not be a wise choice.... Bubba is on one side of the perception spectrum.. Complicated, hard to figure out, long names, are on the other side.. a more center, middle of the road, nomenclature is a wiser choice of names.. The public is fickle, so in the end, it's a guessing game... If your Que stands on it's own, the name won't really matter to the locals...Name it what it is... Thom and Son's Authentic BBQ.. Conchella Valley BBQ.. Indio Authentic BBQ.. Palm Springs House of Barbecue ..I like anything that is simple and easy, and a search engine will pick up when out of towners look up BBQ...Palm Springs certainly has it's fair share of conventions, and corporate outings...if that is a segment you would like to go after in your business plan..

A friend from the CBBQA recommends

Thom and Kyles Championship BBQ

Southern* Midwest* Texas
Lean California Grilling

Note We have done well at a few small contests

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom