What yall use fer a generator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Fer you fellers with the caterin trailers, what yall usin fer a generator fer power? Most places round here ain't got power enough ta run a trailer, so would have ta supply my own.

Thanks,

I use a 4K Onan. It's quiet, But not as quiet as a Honda. A friend has a 2K Honda that purrs like a kitten. If I was to buy a new one I would go Honda all the way. They cost a little more dough, but are worth it IMHO.
Pigs

Will the Honda EU 1000i be enough for a couple flourescent light fixtures, large pedestal fan & a 300 watt sound system?

8)

BluzQue said:
Will the Honda EU 1000i be enough for a couple flourescent light fixtures, large pedestal fan & a 300 watt sound system?

8)
JB know all about that stuff. He has helped me out in the past. If any one would know, he would.

Pigs

Add up the amperage of all the things yer gonna run.

The formula for figurin wattage is PIE or watts = amps X volts. Remember, not all generators will produce as much as they say they will, just fer an example, the 1000w gene may only put out 800 watts continuous, then 1000 watts intermittently, IE: fer startin a load such as a motor where the draw will fall off after the start.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom