What kind of meat for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Roast Beef? I have been aproached by my church to do a roast beef dinner for the vestry. Any idea what cut of meat to use and the best way to fix it? There will probably be 50 people attending. Thanks for any help.

When my mom make roast beef she uses eye round. I think it is 1.99 a pound around here.

Chris

Bill: I would go with a steamship round if you can get one, that's your best bang for your bucks, It's mighty tasty too! Use a beef base to keep it moist in pans, I use Minor's.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Roast Beef? I have been aproached by my church to do a roast beef dinner for the vestry. Any idea what cut of meat to use and the best way to fix it? There will probably be 50 people attending. Thanks for any help.

Why not ask Kathy, she would know.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3jzxbtey]Roast Beef? I have been aproached by my church to do a roast beef dinner for the vestry. Any idea what cut of meat to use and the best way to fix it? There will probably be 50 people attending. Thanks for any help.

Why not ask Kathy, she would know.[/quote:3jzxbtey]

Oh boy............I was gonna say that but I didn't want to be responsible for a suicidle mass murder.........

I heard Arby's inject their roasts with unflavored geliten. Thats how they can slice it so slim and not have it fall apart into little pieces. Don't know if it's true but I could see it happening.

I go to my local wholesaler or grocer and buy the rarest "roast beef " I can find, slice it and just before i serve it I dip it in hot beef broth...

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Thanks to all but Bruce and Larry.

You unappreciative bas$#%d!!! All we try to do is offer you advice and you treat us like that??? [-X

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3r6l0cl6]Thanks to all but Bruce and Larry.

You unappreciative bas$#%d!!! All we try to do is offer you advice and you treat us like that??? [-X[/quote:3r6l0cl6]

That'll be the last time I try to help him. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Back
Top Bottom