Wedding for 240

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakedpigbbq

Senior Cook
Got a couple at our church who is getting married next saturday, and I would really like to help them out with the catering price wise as part of their wedding gift. That being said, they have requested: Pulled Pork, Brisket (flats), BBQ Beans, Green Beans, Mac and Cheese. We will be using mini rolls to do "sliders" from the meat. Disposables and our sauces will also be needed.

I would like to hear some suggestions as to how much of this you would prepare, as to be "enough" but not "too much" since I am trying to get my cost down to as low as possible. I would like to do this for about $8/head for:

2 meats
3 sides
slider buns
green beans
bbq beans
mac n cheese
sauces
disposables

FYI... all of our sides (except the green beans which are only "doctored up") are pretty much homemade.

thanks for the help!

Rule of thumb as I was taught on packer briskets and bone in butts is a pound per person on the raw weight. Less waste (higher cost per pound) on just flats so guess a person could drop to 3/4 pounds on that deal. Might be more economical to buy packers and throw the point away or feed it to the dawgs. Sides are usually served in 1/2 cup (4 oz) increments unless your having both tater salad and cole slaw under which circumstances the slaw could be reduced to 1/4 cup cuz most groups will gravitate toward the tater salad twice as hard. You could make money on that deal easy. Make em give you at least half the money up front to buy all the stuff. That should be around 800 bucks using my fuzzy math that will buy a lot of junk. If they stiff you on the other half you could still make a little.

bigwheel

Well glad to hear things went well. Tell us about your portion control strategy..did you have any leftovers etc.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom