Thank You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’d like to thank everyone on the board we did a catering gig favor for a friend of ours this Saturday…and everything came out awesome…there was about 80 people there and we went thru 2 cases of BB, 8 Butts, and a bunch of chicken….I knew the food was good when everyone sat down to eat and it was quiet. The tips and techniques that I gleaned from this board helped out a great deal, as a matter of fact I couldn’t have pulled it out if it wasn’t for the great advice of the board members…Thanks again. We didn’t get anypics cuz it was just the two of us and things were crazy…maybe next time.

18 racks in a case...I can only get 6-7 racks on Buford....36 racks..about 30 hrs of smoking time....the butts I did on the WSM....2 cooks 4 butts each time..and the chicken was done on site on the Yabba Dabba....
The PP got the simmering water bath and then into a roaster with some apple juice..The ribs were mostly dunked then sauced and held on Buford..and becuase this is Buffalo finished to a char on the RK....The chicken was marinaded in Chivettas (think Roadside Chicken)..then indirect till done and direct to finish off the skin...We like crispy skin up North..I made 3 sauces...Jacks Gold (A big hit)..SBR doctored up...and a SBR Hot that had Habenaro pepper, cayanne, a pinch of chipolte and some white pepper....the hot was good...it snuck up on you and built... :twisted:

That sounds like a lot of hard work.

Must have been very satisfying to not hear eveyone talking while they were chowing on wittdog food. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom