Street festivals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
How much would you charge for at a street festival:

pulled pork sammy, baked beans, slaw? $7.00?

pulled pork sammy? $4.00?

bowl of chili? $3.00?

polish sausage with green peppers and onions? $3.00?

Our street festival is coming up and I have done fund raising for our local swim team all these years. Now that my girls are grown and off the team I am looking at making money. So any help would be great.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
How much would you charge for at a street festival:

bowl of chili? $3.00?

Our street festival is coming up and I have done fund raising for our local swim team all these years. Now that my girls are grown and off the team I am looking at making money. So any help would be great.

Prices look good to me. Only thing I would possibly change is the platter to $6.50, but $7 is still a good deal. When are you doing this, I might come down and buy a platter.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":19yziouj]How much would you charge for at a street festival:

bowl of chili? $3.00?

Prices look good to me. Only thing I would possibly change is the platter to $6.50, but $7 is still a good deal. When are you doing this, I might come down and buy a platter.[/quote:19yziouj]

October 6th from 9am - 5pm. Come on down.

brian j said:
do you need a vending license for this?

You have to have a temp HD licence. You fill out the permit and they come out and inspect you the morning of the event. It better if your sides are store bought and you cook your meat on site. You dont have to have a buisness licence to do them.

Don't change the platter to $6.50. Then you will be scrowganing for change all day! If they don't buy it at $7, they won't buy it at $6.50

Nick Prochilo said:
Don't change the platter to $6.50. Then you will be scrowganing for change all day! If they don't buy it at $7, they won't buy it at $6.50

Well then people will question why they are paying $3 for beans and slaw.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3u7gjn37]Don't change the platter to $6.50. Then you will be scrowganing for change all day! If they don't buy it at $7, they won't buy it at $6.50

Well then people will question why they are paying $3 for beans and slaw.[/quote:3u7gjn37]

Your right, change the pulled pork sammie to $5.00.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1qqt9xwu][quote="Nick Prochilo":1qqt9xwu]Don't change the platter to $6.50. Then you will be scrowganing for change all day! If they don't buy it at $7, they won't buy it at $6.50

Well then people will question why they are paying $3 for beans and slaw.[/quote:1qqt9xwu]

Your right, change the pulled pork sammie to $5.00.[/quote:1qqt9xwu]

I think that's better!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":bmp96oln]Don't change the platter to $6.50. Then you will be scrowganing for change all day! If they don't buy it at $7, they won't buy it at $6.50

Well then people will question why they are paying $3 for beans and slaw.[/quote:bmp96oln]

pork portions are bigger on the platter.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1fqcs66j][quote="Nick Prochilo":1fqcs66j]Don't change the platter to $6.50. Then you will be scrowganing for change all day! If they don't buy it at $7, they won't buy it at $6.50

Well then people will question why they are paying $3 for beans and slaw.[/quote:1fqcs66j]

pork portions are bigger on the platter.[/quote:1fqcs66j]

Why would they be any different?

Captain Morgan said:
a sandwich bun will hold 3 - 4 oz of meat, but you can give em
5-6 oz on the plate

But he's selling a sandwich on the platter.

Bill, I think your prices are all low. We vend at the Harpoon BBQ contest every year and charge $5 for a PP sandwich. I get the bun's at Cosco and put as much meat on as I can.

We also charged $5 for a sausage sandwich. I trimmed spares into St.Louie's and found that you get about 1# meat from each slab of ribs. For the sausage I just mixed my regular rub with the meat and stuffed so my food coat was essentially the cost of the buns, peppers and onions.

Watch where you buy the buns, Cosco sells them for 1/2 the price of a grocery store.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I think that I will up the cost of the PP sammy and the sausages. Just got another application for a wine festival in Orange VA on October 27th if anyone is interested in coming.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Thanks to everyone who posted. I think that I will up the cost of the PP sammy and the sausages. Just got another application for a wine festival in Orange VA on October 27th if anyone is interested in coming.

Some of us will be at the Jack ;) ;) ;)

Bruce B said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1bhaxj8z]Thanks to everyone who posted. I think that I will up the cost of the PP sammy and the sausages. Just got another application for a wine festival in Orange VA on October 27th if anyone is interested in coming.

Some of us will be at the Jack ;) ;) ;)[/quote:1bhaxj8z]

2.gif

Back
Top Bottom