Side Item Recipes for 100?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I got a couple parties this weekend. One for 100 on Friday and another for 75 on Sat. Menus are somewhat different but both want Cole Slaw and Potato Salad.

Anyone got good recipes that serve 100? I can adjust up or down from there. I have a good Potato Salad for 50 and could use that. I also have a good macaroni dressing for a cold salad if ya'll want.

Cole Slaw for 100?

Potato Salad for 100?

Macaroni [cold] Salad for 100?

Thanks in advance!

Uncle Bubba said:
Check the recipe sections on the board. That's where you want to post them too.

I looked there and only saw small amounts for personal use. These are Catering amound and most people would never need a recipe for 175 people so that's why I posted it here. It's really a Catering question.

Thanks for bro
peace and Q grease

Mike Hedrick said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":1jx6qn8l]Check the recipe sections on the board. That's where you want to post them too.

I looked there and only saw small amounts for personal use. These are Catering amound and most people would never need a recipe for 175 people so that's why I posted it here. It's really a Catering question.

Thanks for bro
peace and Q grease[/quote:1jx6qn8l]

Doesn't mean a hill of beans to me but Greg will yell at you. He's like that. ;)

I checked again all 7 pages and didn't even see a Potato Salad recipe in small amounts. wow

That's odd. Ya'll don't eat Potato Salad or stingy with yer recipe?

lol
peace

Uncle Bubba said:
Doesn't mean a hill of beans to me but Greg will yell at you. He's like that. ;)

lol
His first comment to me was "I hate you" any ways so let'r Rip!

hahahaha

Quit whining! Double this recipe..

1 full size aluminum-serving pan – this will serve about 50 to 75 people

10 pounds of whole potatoes (I have used Idaho’s, russets, and others)

1 family size can (27oz) of cream of mushroom soup

1 family size can (27oz) of cream of chicken soup

2 cups of sour cream

½ cup of Texas BBQ Rub

¼ cup of paprika

3 cups of shredded cheese (use cheddar or a blend of Monterey jack and cheddar)

¼ cup of granulated garlic (use this to your flavor liking)

Alt. Ingredient – your choice of chopped meat (brisket, butt, sausage)

First cut the potatoes in half (this will speed up the cooking time) and I leave the skin on the potatoes.

In a large pot, boil the potatoes. Cooking time on the potatoes is about 30 to 45 minutes. When the potatoes are done, drain off the water and pour them into the serving pan.

While the potatoes are still hot, crumble the potatoes into pieces. Add both cans of soup, the sour cream, Texas BBQ Rub, and the granulated garlic and mix into the potatoes. Now add about ½ of the cheese and mix that into the potato mix. Spread this out in the pan and top with a large portion of cheese and then sprinkle with the paprika.

Cover with aluminum foil and you can heat this in the oven at 225 degrees for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours (till all the cheese melts) or I stick mine on the pit and melt the cheese on the pit.

Quit whining! Double this recipe..

I got peoples in Conway. Don't make me have to have them get yer attention. BOY

lol
Thanks
All in fun Sir

That is one of my favorite recipes for group taters.

Here is one I pulled a while back from a site (I also added a variety of cabbage napa savoy etc to give it better crunch and some thinly shaved red onion):
Coleslaw for 100

6 heads of cabbage
5 cups shredded carrots
1 head purple cabbage - chopped

Shred cabbage and carrots and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Add purple cabbage when you add the dressing.

Dressing:
1 gallon mayonnaise
2 packages ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup vinegar
Sugar and salt, pepper and celery seeds to taste

Mix together, put on cabbage just before serving.

If dressing is too thick add just a little milk.

You can also add green peppers finely chopped if you like.

Mike here's two very simple but very tasty sides for the masses!

Cole Slaw

2 Bags of the pre-shredded slaw
1 jar of Marzettis slaw dressing

This will serve about 20 people so you will need to mutliply to suite your needs.

This stuff rocks!

Pasta Salad

1 big box of Rotini (spiral) pasta cooked, but not rinsed
1 cucumber (seeded and medium dice)
1 bell pepper (medium dice)
1 purple onion (small dice)
about 1 lb of ham (chunked)
about 1 lb of cheddar cheese (shredded)
15-20 grape or cherry tomatoes (whole)
1 medium size bottle of Zesty Italian Salad dressing (use just enough to coat everything, too much and the pasta will become soggy)
S&P to taste

Combine all ingredients and chill for a couple hours.

This will serve about 20 people as well so you will need to multiply to suite your needs.

Personally, I would stay as far away from making my own potato salad for large groups as possible:

a) WAY TOO MUCH WORK!!!

b) MAYONAISSE?

I steer em towards slaw with either a vinegar dressing or a GFS creamy dressing. I don't concentrate on sides. IT takes so much to do the meat that the sides are kind of an afterthought. JUst my $.02

Back
Top Bottom