selling on the net - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > Catering Corner
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
Graduate of BBQ Central
swampsauce's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 725
no kind of permit is required. To sell legally across state lines, rub should be made in a USDA approved facility, with proper recall plans etc.......

Tim Pattan
Swamp Sauce Smokers
swampsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark
Larry Wolfe's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Start off by contacting your States Department of Agriculture and your County Officials and go over exactly what you plan on doing with them. Every state is different and some or stricter than others. Another thing I would highly suggest is to become a Limited Liability Company "LLC" and get an insurance policy as well. You can go to and become an LLC in about 1 week at a cost of approximately $450. The insurance policy will cost you about $350 annually.
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.