Selling BBQ Wholesale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Prep in their HD approved Kitchen and cook there on site on yer cooker.

You might, in addition to the excellent advice you have already received, think about getting some insurance. If someone happens to get sick because the cafe wasn't as careful as they should be reheating or keeping the food warm, it won't take but two seconds before he throws you under the bus as the one who made the food.

I have a Million $ in Liability Ins.
You do have to cover yer A$$

I knowed a fella who tried this scenario..it didnt work out very well. He deliver the ribs ready to eat and by the time they set it in the steam table pan for the length of time it take for the restaurant to peddle the goods..they was pure mush. Nobody was happy on the deal. I would find another hobby if I was you. Not liking to rain on anybody's parade of course. If the fella wants pre cooked ribs tell him to order some from his wholesaler. Sysco got em I ghuranhtee.

bigwheel

I agree with Wheeler. If you are not in control of the final portion of the process, then you are not in control. W

Suggest to him to have a "rib night" or two a week where you come and cook there on site using their kitchen like Mike has suggested. Gives you great exposure as well as satisfying his customers' demands...if there are any.

Great plan. Beer joints love that kinda action too. Health goons dont get too excited about it either around here anyway.

bigwheel

Yes, I'm agreeing with what everyone is say and urge you to listen.

1. ... You will need to see HD
1a.... Aproved kitchen for cooking and holding product temps until such time as you vacum seal and freeze it. An approved method to quickly drop temps and hold.
2a.... You will need to have an approved HACCP Plan
HACCP = Hazard Anlyis Cridical Control Point
3.... You will need an approved method to transport your product
3a... Keeping frozen foods frozen and sanitary.
I could probably help you more if you have any other questions. I studied thesubject for 4 months in culinary school.
I've obtained my QFO Lic, the professional level for managers. Maybe we can hook up and start something big? [smilie=a_hrm.gif]

There is another alternative here to guys. If you have a local resturant that doesnt mind you using "their kitchen facilities" you can get around the problem of having your own place. I agree with with liablilty insurance. Get it and have planty of it.

Back
Top Bottom