Roasted tater wedges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Anyone have any good roasted tater wedges recipies? I have to do some for a wedding reception on my big grill. Thanks for any help.

gasburner.jpg

Or whatever seasonings you like, and oil to coat. Mix seasonings and oil, put potatoes in a zip lock and coat well. Grill.

My wife has one that is really good. Some seasoning, bacon, cheddar. I'll see if I can get her to find it for you. Very "pitable". Really good mac nc cheese too if you're interested...pitable also.

My wife has one that is really good. Some seasoning, bacon, cheddar. I'll see if I can get her to find it for you. Very "pitable". Really good mac nc cheese too if you're interested...pitable also. For me, this is where the extra money I spent on the slideout grill on my pit pays for itself. I can set the dampers and get that thing in excess of 500 degrees. Great oven.

Uncle Bubba said:
My wife has one that is really good. Some seasoning, bacon, cheddar. I'll see if I can get her to find it for you. Very "pitable". Really good mac nc cheese too if you're interested...pitable also. For me, this is where the extra money I spent on the slideout grill on my pit pays for itself. I can set the dampers and get that thing in excess of 500 degrees. Great oven.

Yeah, really interested in the mac n cheese and the wedges recipe please.

Uncle Bubba said:

That would be great. Thanks. :LOL:

Ok...here goes. This is a "wing-it" type recipe. Guess your own proportions.

Potatoes cut into desired size wedges
1/2" chunks of Velveeta
shredded cheddar
mild banana peppers rings(1/2 of a pint jar for 1 full size sheet pan)
Bacon bits...fresh

combine everything except potatoes and hand mix

spray pan with Pam or equiv.

put potatoes in skin down

apply a very liberal layer of mix

350 for an hour or so until potatoes are soft.

...................................................................................................
Mac and Cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups elbow macaroni cooked
2 cups mostaccioli rigatoni cooked
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 eggs
24 ounces coarse grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

mix all ingredients in a large bowl...transfer to 13x9 baking pan

bake at 375 until golden and crusty...about 40 minutes.

Pretty yummy stuff. UB favorite.

I do this often in the oven. I don't see why you can't do it on the grill also, with a little kitchen fried bacon, crumbled.

Potatoes, Bacon and Cheese Fries

6 to 8 med potatoes
1 lb bacon fried
1 lg onion chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese or more

Clean potatoes well and cut into long wedges. Deep fry the potatoes until done and drain on paper towels. Fry bacon and crumble. Put enough potatoes in a 9x13 pan to cover bottom. Sprinkle chopped onions and crumbled bacon on top. Cover with cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, let rest a few minutes and serve.

Bill, while adding cheese and bacon always is a good thing,
roasted potatos at a catered event can be done simply
by seasoning with salt pepper and rosemary, olive oil,
and cook with quartered onions (red work well here).
It's cheap and easy to do, and it's damn good...I make
em all the time at home. I use red potatos.
The best part about it is that they are fairly forgiving and
rest well without losing too much texture. Have ketchup
available.

Thanks guys. That mac and cheese recipie sounds fantastic. I have a little time till the event so I will be giving all of these a try.

Captain Morgan said:
Bill, while adding cheese and bacon always is a good thing,
roasted potatos at a catered event can be done simply
by seasoning with salt pepper and rosemary, olive oil,
and cook with quartered onions (red work well here).
It's cheap and easy to do, and it's damn good...I make
em all the time at home. I use red potatos.
The best part about it is that they are fairly forgiving and
rest well without losing too much texture. Have ketchup
available.

I agree!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom