Rehersal Dinner for 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
I might land a gig for 100. What amount of meat should I go with if serving Brisket, Pulled pork and Ribs? Anyone? thanks.

I've got some numbers but wanted to run it by all your professionals too.

Well as I was taught a serving of ribs is half a rack per adult person..but that bees if all you got is ribs. For your kind of deal I would figger a quarter rack or maybe 2 or 3 bones per head and get them under some real tight portion control such as keeping them at the end of the serving line and out of sight and having the miser in charge axe the potential eater..Would you like to try a rib sir/ma'am? and if they say yes give them one bone. Start getting mo generous on subsequent passes if it looks like you gonna have plenty. Might consider breaking the pound per person rule raw weight on brisket and butts and figger on 3/4 lb. per head since you got ribs too. You need to teach those folks to order pushed pork sandwiches and sweet beans. Little rope sausage if they want to get fancy. Ribs are a pain in the coola. Best o fortunes. Now I aint neva been good at arithmetic so if you have a slide rule you might want to recheck all my ciphering on this deal. Thanks.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom