Putting catering trailer design together need some answers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff42nd

Assistant Cook
Hello everybody,

I am in the process of putting together my catering rig. I have drawn pictures of what I want to build but I need a little input.

For hot water I am looking at the Coleman Hot water Demand System. This device or a similar device will pass our local HD regulation, plus we can use it for camping.

According to the website it is 19.5 x 19.37 x 12.12. To me that doesn't seem right, can anybody tell me the true size of the Coleman Hot Water. I am building a 4 stainless steel sink cabinet, that will meet our needs. The good thing is both sinks and a counter top was free!

Gray Water Tanks?
I didn't see it in our HD guidelines but can I use 4 5gallon buckets, or do I need a gray large gray water holding tank?

Jeff42nd

Depends on the health goons in your area. They are even getting picky around here on the sinks. SS aint good enough, they want them to have round bottoms etc. I am of the opinyawn a person would be better off buying a used MH as opposed to trying to build a trailer because the MH already has a bunch of the junk in it that you will have to buy or will need. Including but not limited to: hot water heater, kitchen stove, AC/heater, holding tanks, bathroom, bunk, handwashing sinks etc. I have a little 20 footer to which can be added a vending window for 150 bucks. Slap your sinks in there rip out the carpet and paint it white. Might consider that angle. Think in the long run it would be a cheaper and more effective alternative.

bigwheel

Most Health Departments require a grey water tank that will hold 1.5 times as much fluid as the fresh water tank. Check with your local HD

Were gonna convert an old travel trailer cause many a the tanks er already there, comes with a bathroom (bonus) an electric brakes an easier ta work on.

Check with yer health inspector, be a friend with him, he help ya out all he can.

We stayed away from any type a truck er motorhome cause round these parts it becomes a commercial vehicle an needs ta pass all the commercial inspections, be licsened as a commercial vehicle an thus insured as a commercial vehicle. Aint worth the trouble, trailer much easier.

Wow thats rough. My wanna be roach coach is licensed as an Antique. Do not even require a safety sticker and costs 40 bucks for 5 years worth of license plates. The lady at the tax orfice tole me it has to have either brakes or a horn. Twenty five years old is the magic number in God's Country. Can only be operated n root to and back from special events but then all events are special huh? Smart thinning on the the trailer. I run a snow cone stand out of 28 foot Nomad back in the 80s. Only trouble was the litle turd heads I hired to run it eat up all the snow cones and plugged up the toilet. They was on commission. Good thang is they didnt make much money out of the deal either.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Wow thats rough. My wanna be roach coach is licensed as an Antique. Do not even require a safety sticker and costs 40 bucks for 5 years worth of license plates. The lady at the tax orfice tole me it has to have either brakes or a horn. Twenty five years old is the magic number in God's Country. Can only be operated n root to and back from special events but then all events are special huh? Smart thinning on the the trailer. I run a snow cone stand out of 28 foot Nomad back in the 80s. Only trouble was the litle turd heads I hired to run it eat up all the snow cones and plugged up the toilet. They was on commission. Good thang is they didnt make much money out of the deal either.

bigwheel

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8)

Back
Top Bottom