pulled pork sandwiches for 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluzQue

Head Chef
How many 9lb. to 10lb. Boston Butts needed to make pulled pork sammies for 50?

Thanks

8)

I figure on loosin 50% a the raw product. So 50 1/4 lb sammies needs 12 1/2 pounds a cooked meat er 25 pounds a raw butts. Know, that be one sammie per person, how many sammies ya wan't? I always add another 10% just ta be safe.

Hillbilly said:
I figure on loosin 50% a the raw product. So 50 1/4 lb sammies needs 12 1/2 pounds a cooked meat er 25 pounds a raw butts. Know, that be one sammie per person, how many sammies ya wan't? I always add another 10% just ta be safe.

50 sammies 8)

Well hold on here, are you making the sammies? Or just going to have a hotel pan out there so they can serve themselves. Whole different deal if you just chuck a pan out there!

Pigs

This is what I used on cheap burger buns.
http://bigtray.com/abc-disher-47140-sku ... 18890.html
Made quick work of cranking them out! (I have four of them) No guess work, a scale tells you how much a hotel pan weighs, portion control is key.
I always sauced before serving, bumps up the weight, and your not spending a ton of money on GALLONS of sauce as the folk around here like to use when a pump gallon of sauce is out there. Get a few bottles of hot sauce and stash them. Anyone asks for more sauce Just, just tell them that's all ya got. Sure, some will use it, but it makes them beat feet so you can sell out. I kept a few extra bottles of sauce (hidden) on cater jobs. If they ask, hand them the bottle. Put a gallon out? Nope, they would hammer it dry. :roll:

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
This is what I used on cheap burger buns.
http://bigtray.com/abc-disher-47140-sku ... 18890.html
Made quick work of cranking them out! (I have four of them) No guess work, a scale tells you how much a hotel pan weighs, portion control is key.
I always sauced before serving, bumps up the weight, and your not spending a ton of money on GALLONS of sauce as the folk around here like to use when a pump gallon of sauce is out there. Get a few bottles of hot sauce and stash them. Anyone asks for more sauce Just, just tell them that's all ya got. Sure, some will use it, but it makes them beat feet so you can sell out. I kept a few extra bottles of sauce (hidden) on cater jobs. If they ask, hand them the bottle. Put a gallon out? Nope, they would hammer it dry. :roll:

Pigs

Great idea (server scoop) Pigs That is a definite keeper. Thanks much ;)

8)

Yup, got them (similar) to pigs, work great, mine don't have the thumb thingie but same idear.

That way everbody gets the same size sammie an ya don't have to worry bout somebody eatin for on one bun!

is this a catering gig, or for friends?

avg pork butt will give you anywhere from 12-15 sammys...

so 3, for a catering gig is cutting it kind of close, and you will have to "skimp" on the last few sammys

for friends, tell them to be happy with less than 4 oz sammys

I'd do 4, for either crowd, and keep the rest if it is a catering gig, or let the friends have what left over for seconds

Back
Top Bottom