Pulled Pork Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your feeding 30 folks..30 lbs of butts will come out about right and prob have a few left overs. If you got kids in the mix dont count em on the butt rations but rather grill em up a few hot dawgs.

bigwheel

Well if your having chicken too..you could prob drop back to about 3/4 lbs raw meat on the butts and still have plenty. Some depends on how many folks go for the chicken...which is somewhut dependent on the geography...whether the chicken is fit to eat...whether they gonna serve themselves etc. In a typical situation with plenty of sides and a stingy server for the meat at least on the first round 3/4 lb raw butt meat per person should be plenty not even counting the yardbird...but my theory is way too much is mo betta than slightly not enough especially if someboy else is paying for it. If you got some extra make up doggy bags for folks to take some home. Most folks love to take some home for knick knacking later. I think your right. Stick with the pound per person and let the chicken poo poo fall where it may.

bigwheel

Burnt Food Dude said:
It won't be the only meat there. I just have to provide the pulled pork. Buns, sides, chicken, etc will be provided by others.

30 pounds of raw butt should be enough.

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom