Pics of Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
Forgive me for the new topic. I can't post a reply. If someone wants to merge the two threads, that's fine with me.

Bruce - She'll come here when we cook and nibble at it because of the smoke flavor. This was her party and her son graduating. He did discuss sneaking some cherry in there when she wasn't looking but refrained.

Now in July when we use this cooker again, it will be a different story! The guy we're helping loves smoke! Not to mention, we just got a source for cherry, maple, oak, and other woods!! A friend is working for a place that makes cabinets, molding, and other items and can get us all the kiln dried woods we want.........don't worry they're not treated woods!!

Here are the pics. First is of the table. Second is pork pulled. The third is of the pork on the cooker. Forgive the horrible quality......too many pops with foam on top and other adult beverages by the time the food was ready. lol

Alright Allie. Welcome to the catering game. Any thoughts on what you would do different next time?

For some unknown reason Allie couldnt respond here so she sent me a PM with this message attached.

Next time, I would figure the amount of money for everything ahead of time and charge a fee..........NOT count on them to pick up things I need from a list! lol This was only to help them and get our feet wet. I ended up spending a lot of my own money on ingredients rather than count on a non-cook to figure out what I wanted. lol Not to mention one of my secret ingredients is not available up north. I have to pick it up on trips to Georgia or have it mailed to me so that can be a little costly!

We also don't have enough storage space here! Our side-by-side simply isn't large enough for the amounts of potato salad, cole slaw, the sauce, and beans (I mixed them the night before so Les could take them with him at 6 am.). He had to make one run on Sat. evening to drop off potato salad and cole slaw which was ok because he also rubbed the meat while he was there. He and I handled our part with no problems. I make those foods all the time at home so it wasn't a big deal to simply increase the amounts, especially since I cook by taste and appearance.

It really was fun but I think a true catering job would be a lot, lot more fun!

Back
Top Bottom