New food truck (and first thread here of the New Year?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiles

Senior Cook
It's been a while but I'm back. Big "C's" has transformed into "Wolf's Revenge BBQ" and has a LLC and catering license to boot! My food truck gets inspected next week. It's a 28' Custom Concessions trailer with an 8' porch for the smoker, steam tables and commercial fridge too!

I get my food truck permit here in a few weeks. I have a custom smoker (works like a rotisserie Ole Hickory Ultra Que) that can accommodate 16 butts at a time or 32 racks of ribs or 8 briskets.

I built the rig for competitions but made sure it was also set up for vending. Where do I start? How many sandwiches can I plan on serving? What would you do with a new rig like this?

Here is a picture of the smoker that is now mounted on back.

13355-albums23-picture112.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0228.jpg
    DSCN0228.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0236.jpg
    DSCN0236.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCN0233.jpg
    DSCN0233.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCN0234.jpg
    DSCN0234.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 472
Wow, that is an awesome rig! I'm a little jealous. I'm going into the food truck business myself, opening in march. For me, with a $30,000 investment, I figured I need to serve 50+sandwiches a day to stay profitable. I am planning to vend at the larger factories and offices in town for lunches weekday lunch, then some empty lots along busier streets for dinner. On weekends it will be either events or nights in the bar districts.
I don't know if any of that is helpful, I'm just excited and like talking about it. A couple of good books that I found helpful info from: The Food Truck Handbook, by David Weber, and The BBQ Concession Trailer( as a home based business opportunity), by Media How To co. Sorry I didn't put links.

Just got my new rig. It will be a little work to convert it from a burger truck to a BBQ truck. But the fun kind of work!

Attachments

• 20140121_090515.jpg
    20140121_090515.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 483
Very nice set-up! I'm interested in doing the same thing when I retire (3 yrs.) Best of luck with your endeavors...

Back
Top Bottom