Large party help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
If any of the sperienced guys on the forum have sperience with large parties please lemme know. I got a chance at a gig for 750. Not sure how to bid it and also how to serve it. The job will be for a large company.... I was thinkin one meat to keep it simple but i'm not even sure what they want yet. Thanks for any help. db

Pulled pork sandwiches..bunch of tweaked up Bushs if you got time to tweak. Think one can feeds 25 folks but I aint good at math. Tater chips on the side. One sandwich first pass 4 oz meat. Figger a pound per person raw weight on bone in butts. Make that U space looking location how I tole ya previously. File em by on both sides to the meat servers on the end of the U. Thin sliced watermelon and day old cookies from the breadstore for dessert. I show you how to cut a melon which can feed 50 folks. Old Pigman Jim taught me the trick I think. Charge ten bucks a head...half the loot up front. Can you cook 75-80 butts at one time? If not and prob even a better strategy is to cook in stages..freeze..then pan sop push and pull and do a reheat on D Day. Heat at home and bring it with you in Cambrios or ice chests etc. That should work. Sweet and unsweet tea to drink. Now if you want to show off the pit guess you could drag that out there too and do some reheating on it. Beans are served nicely in big Nesco type roasters. I got a huge one which hold about 4 gallons of sweet beans and keep at the right temp all day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom