Just picked up 600 hot dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Doing dogs for a car show tomorrow. Costco donated all the food, a local mall paid my insurance for a year to do it. Got chamber of commerce volunteers to serve. I'll be searing and never fearing. Might take some pics if I don't forget.

Just for grins, how much mustard, relish, and chopped onions do you figure you're gonna need for 600 dogs? Notice I didn't mention ketchup because ketchup on hot dogs is just wrong.

Griff

Captain Morgan said:
Doing dogs for a car show tomorrow. Costco donated all the food, a local mall paid my insurance for a year to do it. Got chamber of commerce volunteers to serve. I'll be searing and never fearing. Might take some pics if I don't forget.

Dang son 600 hot dogs , did they spring for the all beef Khoser ones ?? Good luck and send pics???

Glad to say that Costco gave me the long Nathan's dogs! Thought I was gonna get the frozen box kind. Gonna remove the drip shield from my big gasser and cook em direct hot and fast, then into foil pans and over to the table for serving.

Had a meeting with the Costco folks a few weeks ago...they don't carry slaw or chili (Sam's does), so it's just mustard and ketchup on the dogs for these guys. Hey, it's free to them, so they can't be too disappointed.
Won't be putting up my banners since there ain't no slaw though!!!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3dafwzwb]dang it, one more Yankee who will eventually move here.
Perhaps you can move in with Nick, my future golfing buddy.

I'll have room for a trailer![/quote:3dafwzwb]
As long as I can bring the old sofa(lawn furniture), and the wife's Goodyear flower pots :D I can collect more junk cars to scatter about the yard while I'm down there 8)

Don't forget the dog that lives under the porch.
4.gif

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Bruce B":3gqcbv6e]Don't forget the dog that lives under the porch.
4.gif

That's Puff.[/quote:3gqcbv6e]
My porch has no floor! :P Just some old pallets :D

That'll be a fun cook...every June I do 300 dogs for the local high school graduating class (along with a crapload of burgers). The town provides a big gasser that we have issues with every year. Next year Im bringing my big charcol grill. Have fun Cap't..!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom