How many ounces of pulled pork for BBQ plates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
6 oz is a good figure. I can usually get 15+ sammys out of a butt. 300~15=20 butts. Your going to need a bigger smoker ;) .

I agree with Bill that 6oz. is a nice portion. My yeald is lower then Bill's, I trim as much fat and the gland off the butts as I can and my yealds are aproxmitly 4 pounds per cooked butts. You will need 28 butts to serve 300 dinners.

I think you in the ballpark with your 5 oz servings.... I also think you need somewhere about 85-90 pounds of cooked meat to serve...I'm also thinking if you have 180 pounds of uncooked meat, you will, plenty of leftovers.... I dont see you loosing 50% of your total to a cook... an 8 pound butt coming out the smoker, only weighing 4 pounds????....not on my smoker... I usually count for an avg of 35% shrinkage

I worked it out to 151 lbs uncooked for the 250, if you are up at the 180 lb mark you should have enough for 300 plates at 3 servings per lb or 5.333 Oz.

Ice Cream Disher: # 6 size. 3" bowl. 4.66 fluid oz. 4.86 weight oz. Is what I use for gigs that pay by the pound I'm guessing that they will get about 5 oz with that. Makes life more easy too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom