Going rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgs80

Assistant Cook
Good afternoon everyone i need some feed back on the going rate on catering for groups of 30 are More have done some catering but never for more than 20 people.I will be using Boston butt's and chicken leg quarters also slaw and bake beans.My question is there a dollar amount per person that would be the rule of thumb.Thanks in advance.

Keith

Your answer will be coming soon. There are a few guys here who cater some.

I have smoked butts for small events a time or two and I have decided that I am going to price myself out of the market from now on. ;)

Can't say for your area! It is going to be based mostly on "what the market will bear." I charge $16/person. In Tejas, they get around $8.00!! It depends on how many others offer what you do and what they charge. Good luck. Woodman

No less than $10 per person and the price would increase if you added another meat or side. Anything less than $10 it will not be worth your time.

Dont forget the travel expenses. With the gas prices being the way they are, you need to charge a travel expense. Say $50 for 20 miles. The smaller the number of people, the higher the price per person too.

We get $15 pp for a basic U pick up BBQ Pork Dinner
$24 pp min. 50 when we do our 4 Competition Meats on location w/ sides
But I live here and these people are crazy

What Stogie said plus one more thought. You will want to add an additional "misc." cost per person to cover the things that will never show up on a "per job" basis like, accountant, insurance, license plates, pit maintenance. I have been using $1.00/person as an adder and am considering upping it! You MUST have a handle on real costs to be successful. WM

Back
Top Bottom