Food For Fifty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hillbilly said:
17 cans a dinty moore? :D

What kinda stew yall wantin ta make?
Them be a #10 can? Them cost too much dough! :shock:
Just a basic (beef chuck) stew with taters and vegetables. Doing biscuits and an salad with cookies. (no the salad won't have cookies in it. :LOL: )
THANKS

Pigs

Chris, for a VERY ROUGH means of measurement, the #10 cans
of beans are good for AROUND 25 servings. Now that's as a side item.
If the stew is the main course, I'd make at least 4 of them cans worth of
food, I'd probably do 6 since stew is easy to make with lots of fillers.

Thanks Jim, I'm going to WAG this one, I know the crew I'm cooking for and there chow hounds! Better to have too much than run out. In 14 years I have never run out of food. (think that's why I always get the job from these guys) ;) :LOL: They always give me a HUGE tip! 150.00-200.00 so I have to take care of them. :D

Pigs

Ya mighty welcome sir. Hope you find it acceptable if you decide to go that root. Now know there aint no use in assiting an old Tweaker come up with some tweaks:) But just thought I provide a little food for thought on the deal. I got two grand chillins which refuse to eat anything with any visible hunks of tomaters or onyawns in it..so sometimes I make it with all powders and tomater sauce. :oops: If it suffers it aint by much. I love a little diced turnip in there. If you gonna do it add it about 1/4 the tate ration. If I'm gonna be the one eating the stuff...I also love cabbage in there about half a head for the amounts listed. I would not rush out an buy any Spicy A 1. It mighty good stuff and just remembered when I started leaving it out of my chicken and rib glaze was about the same time as the judges started turning up their noses at it. Maybe just a coincidence. Surely you got some regular A1 around then spike it with a little tobasco..Franks..Sirriachi etc. Leave it out all together and just lose a little razzle dazzle:) Also and most impotently..Franzia Chillable Red in the Big Box work just about as good as the high dollar stuff for the wine ration :oops: :LOL: I am real partial to Minor's beef base or Betta than Bullion for constructing the broth. Mark me off the list as a bullion cube buyer cept for one on of the chicken variety in the chili. Sorry to be so windy here.

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
bigwheel said:
Thanks Jeff, that will work.

Pigs

Minor's beef base all the way. I'll take pics and let yall know how it goes. Going to make it Saturday night and reheat Sunday. I figure it's like chili, always better the next day. ;) :LOL:

Pigs

Made enough for 50 and the 25 guys hammered it down. Not surer what's up with the pic (looks like white around the stuff)
img_180290_0_64bbcd4621fa0497561e54a322879f47.jpg

img_180290_1_7db561f9fe61a3e7ab86f67c0219d117.jpg

Thanks to all that helped!

Pigs

Was a good deal. (thanks wheel for the recipe) Got a few more jobs booked (with deposit) only bad thing that happened was a sore looser threw a cue ball in a guys crotch! Man, did that guy get pounded! :LOL: Wish I had video.

Pigs

Well glad they liked it. Sure looks different than whut mine normally looks like :shock: Guess it the differences in the water. We got all kinds of nitrates and fecal matter in our water. Guess it make it a little darker than the pure virgin snow run off water yall get up in Noo Yawk which come direct from the Adirondikes..Pochinos..Catskills..Niagra Falls etc.

bigwheel

Was a little on the light side. But came out thick. Think I may have put too much flower in it. Not my best, but no one complained and chowed it down. First time I did stew for this many folk. Had just a little left over. Must have done something right? One dude had 5 plates. Good thing I made as much as I did.

Pigs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom