doing just butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WalterSC

Head Chef
Ok I have a good question I know its not catering but I figured yall could answer this for me. I have had several people ask me what I would charge for just doing butts no sides they just want pulled pork , and I told them that I pick the butts . My question is how much would yall charge by the pound for doing something like this ???

WalterSC said:
Ok I have a good question I know its not catering but I figured yall could answer this for me. I have had several people ask me what I would charge for just doing butts no sides they just want pulled pork , and I told them that I pick the butts . My question is how much would yall charge by the pound for doing something like this ???
I don't know exactly how much per/lbs., but make sure you get compensated accordingly..I'd charge them for the price of the meat plus how many hours I took out of my day to cook and prepare everything....Oh yeah, bartor..Start high and work to where you feel fit. Good Luck!

Good friends I only charge actual cost, but only cook them when I have the smoker going already. Usually works out to around $12 a butt after rub is accounted for.

Good acquaintences (SP?) I charge $6 a pound. Usually works out to about $25 to $30 a butt.

Strictly business I charge $8 a pound. Usuall works out 40$ to $45 a butt.

Tim

Rockin Rooster said:
Multiply your total cost by three or you can just check out what the local BBQ places are charging and adjust accordingly.

Ok so I was thinking around 7 to 8 bucks a pound so thats about right ,butts come to 2 a pack here , the money I can make is going towards entering competions and restocking stuff for rubs and things.

Thanks all!!!

WalterSC said:
Rockin Rooster said:
Multiply your total cost by three or you can just check out what the local BBQ places are charging and adjust accordingly.

Ok so I was thinking around 7 to 8 bucks a pound so thats about right ,butts come to 2 a pack here , the money I can make is going towards entering competions and restocking stuff for rubs and things.

Thanks all!!!

Thats how I pay for my comps. The wife wont let any of OUR money go twords them.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
WalterSC said:
[quote="Rockin Rooster":2cc9bwbw]Multiply your total cost by three or you can just check out what the local BBQ places are charging and adjust accordingly.

Thanks all!!!

Thats how I pay for my comps. The wife wont let any of OUR money go twords them.[/quote:2cc9bwbw]
So Bill, If you score a check at at cook off, is it your money? Or our money. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Uncle Bubba said:
WalterSC said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1bw5q277]Oink first place 2006

Sweet Congrats on the win!! Nice cooker by the way!!!

That LITTLE thing??????? [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

That's Woodman's pit.[/quote:1bw5q277]

Heck I would be happy with just a small pit that I could do everything on the same pit . Till then I will settle for my 2 WSM`s and my 55 gallon drum smoker.

Back
Top Bottom