catering pics and lessons learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Well, this weekend marked my first real loser catering job.. well.. money wise, I broke even... just didnt get paid for my time.. I spat out a price to a client and undershot it, and then I went and over shot the amount of food required. Not to mention.. the centerpiece was supposed to be a big basket Ice Mold ... well, I had to eat the cost of that thing because it didnt work... the dang thing had a biiiiiiiiig crack right through the center and I was afraid to put it out.... all said and done.. i made a nice showing and I think some referals.. so maybe not a total loss. fresh fruit is expensive and time consuming. The client was happy, so in that case it was successful.

here are some pics.. tell me what you think

Gary in VA said:
Well, this weekend marked my first real loser catering job.. well.. money wise, I broke even... just didnt get paid for my time.. I spat out a price to a client and undershot it, and then I went and over shot the amount of food required. Not to mention.. the centerpiece was supposed to be a big basket Ice Mold ... well, I had to eat the cost of that thing because it didnt work... the dang thing had a biiiiiiiiig crack right through the center and I was afraid to put it out.... all said and done.. i made a nice showing and I think some referals.. so maybe not a total loss. fresh fruit is expensive and time consuming. The client was happy, so in that case it was successful.

here are some pics.. tell me what you think

Very nice spread indeed!!!!.............but where is the "Q"?????? :shock: ;)

Nice lookin' table Gary....hey, I've got a mean stuffed pork loin recipe I could let you have. :LOL: :LOL:

and now you know why them fruit platters cost $35 a pop!!!!! like you said, not cheap, and VERY time consuming...

Very nice presentation, btw

The pharmacist said she handed out several of my cards.. so hopefully there will be more business from it.

I thought it turned out looking real nice... twas alot of work though

Looks good!

The only thing I may recommend for the future is to make some watermelon baskets or cantaloupe baskets. The reason is that they take up a lot of table space, look impressive but are actually filled with much less fruit then a platter.

Back
Top Bottom