Catering payment policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like a 25% booking charge, (not a deposit as deposits are refundable, and a booking charge isn't), then 1/2 of what is left, (37.5%), 2 weeks before, and the rest the day of the gig, (in advance so that "I don't have to bother you while you are with your guests").

I works for me. ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
My contract does say NO REFUNDS, but deposit may not hold up in court.

Deposit will 99% of the time be seen by a court as refundable, so make it a booking charge, and play fair if the gig is worth more than $1,500, I am always willing to refund the difference between $250.00 and the 25% charged. It just helps keep them a little sweeter.

SoEzzy said:
I like a 25% booking charge, (not a deposit as deposits are refundable, and a booking charge isn't), then 1/2 of what is left, (37.5%), 2 weeks before, and the rest the day of the gig, (in advance so that "I don't have to bother you while you are with your guests").

I works for me. ;)

Can a booking charge get one in trouble in the long run if they aren't commercially licensed? ( I have NO CLUE who is or isn't here...this isn't an attack on anyone.... just a serious question )

I mean who's going to question a mom & pop person catering someones backyard Q event if they are licensed or not ......but if you are talking about using "booking charge" as terminology rather then deposit...."in case" of "if" you end up in court or some debate...then is a commercial license a MUST to have WITH the booking charge defense???

Smokey_Joe said:
Can a booking charge get one in trouble in the long run if they aren't commercially licensed? ( I have NO CLUE who is or isn't here...this isn't an attack on anyone.... just a serious question )

I mean who's going to question a mom & pop person catering someones backyard Q event if they are licensed or not ......but if you are talking about using "booking charge" as terminology rather then deposit...."in case" of "if" you end up in court or some debate...then is a commercial license a MUST to have WITH the booking charge defense???

The health deptartment do question mom and pop people catering for profit round here, that's why you should always be in compliance with the Health Dept rules and regulations, and why you should make sure you are carrying liability insurance, if you are doing anything with or for the public, it is your house and car if you get it wrong.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom