Caterers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
For those of you who do cater who do you cater for the most? Is it Office or work parties or is it more of the wedding/ anniversary type of thing? or something else?

We had a coupla old boys up here who specialized in feeding car lot sales crews. All you got to do is go pitch the sales mgr. They are always looking for ways to boost morale..sell mo cars etc. They stayed busy every weekend. Heard the main motivator of the operation has got in poor health here while back so aint sure they still doing it. Will vouch for whut Pig's say on them Biker Rallys. They have sort of an outlaw cooking contest incorporated into a rally up here. Pal o mine goes each year and say there is some strange and edumacational adultified stuff to be seen. He always comes back with interesting pics too. According to him it can make a person form a Pellecle.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
We had a coupla old boys up here who specialized in feeding car lot sales crews. All you got to do is go pitch the sales mgr.
bigwheel

hahahaaa....BW did you just say "pitch" the sales mgr. ?
That SOB would probably try to sell me the meat!
:shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I do appreciate the responses ;)

I love the cash and carry deals. I get a extra $50.00 for a drop off and $150 for a cook on sight, so most local folk just pick it up. Sweet indeed. Hand over the hotel trays and take the check. I do offer a 10% discount for cash deals too. ;)

Pigs

When doing a corporate gig - say ribs, brisket and chicken. Do you just wrap it and put it in the cambro or do you do a prepackage and then reheat onsite? thank for the help. Just tryin to get some ideas here. I have a pretty good oppertunity to do a "tasting" lunch for alot of corporate admin people.

dollarbill said:
When doing a corporate gig - say ribs, brisket and chicken. Do you just wrap it and put it in the cambro or do you do a prepackage and then reheat onsite? thank for the help. Just tryin to get some ideas here. I have a pretty good oppertunity to do a "tasting" lunch for alot of corporate admin people.

his website http://www.woodmansbbq.com/ explains his process although he probably tweaks it each event

75% corporate gigs, have a number of construction companies that use us for safety meetings. Try to stay away from weddings way too many calls with plan changes. Private parties make up the balance.

jminion said:
75% corporate gigs, have a number of construction companies that use us for safety meetings. Try to stay away from weddings way too many calls with plan changes. Private parties make up the balance.

Never would of thought of that plan changing. That would be a royal pain but if the party was big enough it might be worth it...no?

Yessir I did just say that:) Course you speaking to an old RV Camping Membership Undivided Interest type sales person on this deal I met folks in triple axle 40 foot 5th Wheels with multiple slide outs..w/d Sat TV..etc. who did not own a house and been on the road 10 years. Now thats my dream. Don't even make me speak of my Puddle Jumping Expertise (That Lake Lot Sales). Course the Warden was making us a living across the road selling Time Share Condos a week at a time..would you prefer a Red White or Blue Week? I know folks who can write perfectly unside down across the table from an "Up"...that whut we call em in that bidness. Car Sales Mgr bump into the Warden she will hook him/her/it by the jaw and reel them in like a hawggy five pound bass. Now I was not a good sales person. If they tole me no I get riled up and didn't want them to have it. Is this normal? One of the real salesman say to me one time, "You couldn't sell *ussy on a Troop Train. Me and Michael White used to work together. If not him I met a hundred of his counterparts. He is the guy in the leisure suit who hangs out with Jeff Foxworthy in the Red Neck skits in case the name aint familiar. He is the funniest one of the bunch. He is just being himself. Good car salesman always come up through the ranks by selling time share first. Now dont axe me how I know this. :oops:

bigwheel

dollarbill said:
bigwheel said:
We had a coupla old boys up here
who specialized in feeding car lot sales crews. All you got to do is go pitch the sales mgr.
bigwheel

hahahaaa....BW did you just say "pitch" the sales mgr. ?
That SOB would probably try to sell me the meat!
:shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I do appreciate the responses ;)

Yup I stay away from weddins too, folk er way to scatter brained an emotional durin them thins! Know a funeral on the other hand, not many folk complain bout the food at a funeral!

Hillbilly said:
Yup I stay away from weddins too, folk er way to scatter brained an emotional durin them thins! Know a funeral on the other hand, not many folk complain bout the food at a funeral!

At least one won't complain.

Back
Top Bottom