Busy Busy Busy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Well, this is my busiest week as far a BBQ catering goes.

Saturday/Sunday 07/21-07/22 -!50 people for my church at a local park. Weather was great (75 degrees and sunny). Cooked loin backs for the men's group Saturday night. Pastor said my sauce was the best he has ever had.(I used my stuff cut 50/50 with Texas Pepper Jelly Pine/Hab.) Briskets, Butts, and Hungarian Sausages Sunday after service. Went very well .

Wednesday/Thursday 07/24-07/25 - 380 people at a larger local company. Briskets, Butts, pintos, slaw , and cookies (Sam's chocolate chunnk). 270 lbs of meat, 18 large cans of pintos, 18 -3 lb bags of slaw, 480 cookies , 2 gallons of sauce. I charge these folks $12/person because of volume (I usually charge $15.) This is my third year for them and I get nothing but praises! Weather was dicey. On and off rain storms, but not when it counted! (HE must be paying me back for the church thing!) The salesmen help me serve, but otherwise, I was on my own. Rubbed, cooked, foiled, and sliced/pulled 17 flats, 3 packers, and 14 butts on my own. Then, made 20 gallons of my "cowboy beans" at 5:00 am on appx 2.5 hours of sleep!

Friday/Saturday 07/28-07/29- 150 people for a local car dealer's daughter's graduation party. Briskets, butts, pintos and slaw.

I'm booked for a corporate picnic next weekend, another grad party 08/11 with loinbacks, brisket, beans, redskins and green beans, and OHIO grown sweet corn. Then a "lawyer party" 08/18 for more loinbacks, baked beans, slaw, and brisket. Two jobs follow up in September and I'm shutting down for two comps up here (NY, and Ohio.) Thanks to all of you who made it possible!

Woodreaux

Dang Woody...sounds like you staying busier than a 3 peckered billy goat in the nanny goat pen. Glad to hear the catering thang is working out for ya.

bigwheel

Bravo man.
Congrats.
Diud 100 for Cisco Systems today and a private party for 75 tomorrow.

Go man go!

Back
Top Bottom