brisket for 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmtky

Senior Cook
I'm doing a reception for 100. 2 meats, butts and brisket, want to be sure to send enough, cooking 8 butts but wondered about how many briskets to do, should I use packers or flat. thanks for any help.

100 people X .25 lb/person = 25 lbs finished product

at a safe average of 60% yield on Flats, I would do 42 lbs minimum

Make it easy on yourself... do them ahead of time... slice and foodsaver em, then do the boil in bag thing to reheat. (same for the pork) Just ask Tanehill Kid how easy that was.

whole packers! I find that people who don't eat a lot a brisket tend to eat the brisket pieces cut from the area where the flat and the point are connected. They love that fat line that runs through the meat. I also do packers when I'm chopping. I guess I'm just partial to packers.

+1000 on the foodsaver method. Do your food ahead of time and give yourself plenty of time when doing that much meat - especially if this is your first time. Try and do it the night before and I promise you will hate life!

I'd go with flats simply because they finish more quickly! I'd go with 50 lbs of each meat, but I always have mucho leftovers. I don't like there to be any question! I usually figure 1 lb per person raw . Good luck. WM

Back
Top Bottom