Sunday Fried Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
I did a good Sunday fried chicken meal today starting with cutting up a big whole chicken and seasoning it with salt, granulated garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper and putting it in my Reveo Vacuum Marinator with some buttermilk. After a 20 minute session of spinning it went into the fridge until this evening. Took it out and let it spin another 20 minutes and battered it with flour and spices. After letting it sit about 20-30 minutes it was time to go into the 350* hot oil in the outdoor fryer.

You should know the drill by now. Gotta have a cold beverage
img_238018_0_669f6e29f7756bd9df29501ca140479d.jpg

This definitely gets the seasoning flavor into the meat
img_238018_1_a03313f2627aaae99224648d1173ba62.jpg

Almost done!
img_238018_2_29af780a7f05308a0067d1e8189ba5cd.jpg

Hot and very tasty!!
img_238018_3_d4405fbd4205d72b5810a37d4136d30d.jpg

The livers came out great and disappeared fast. Gotta do a bunch sometime this week. Side dish was Roasted corn grits that everyone loved.

Killer looking fried chicken ! yummmm A vacuum marinator ? I must live under a rock..... :? I've never heard of one before, now I have to look it up and see if I want one :LOL:

A vacuum marinator ? I must live under a rock..... :? I've never heard of one before, now I have to look it up and see if I want one :LOL: [/i][/b][/quote]

You will. ;)

Once again, thanks for the nice comments.
First let me say this, the batter was crisp and tasty delicious! Used the Reveo with some plain buttermilk(I seasoned the chicken before puting into the marinator)and tumbling it for 20 minites and then putting it in the fridge and about 45 minutes before frying I tumbled it again and let it sit. Then I battered it in seasoned flour and just let it warm up a bit before frying to decrease temp drop of the hot oil. This made some really crisp batter as well as very flavorful and tender chicken. I really need to use this marinator more often. I does make a big difference in the flavor.

If you get board with it, send it to me. :D When I get board with it, I'll send it off to another board member. Hay, why don't we pool some dough and buy one and share it month to month. Kind of like the Vacuum tumbler club. :idea: Might be fun. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom