Injectables?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airboss

Senior Cook
Hail Centralites! Deep fried our first turkey yesterday. I am please to report a flawless performance with zero mistakes. However, we did not inject the bird as recommended because we just didn't have a recipe for a good injection marinade. What y'all shootin' your birds up with?

8)

Captain Morgan said:
I just buy the bottled stuff.

Thanks Jim. What a I looking for? The stuff that's in the same isle as the "Dales's" marinade etc? And do you have a favorite for turkey frying?

Italian dressing that has been in a blender for about 5 minutes. Family favorite for at least 5 years.

Also the wife likes the following recipe from Emeril, I thought it was toooo far from traditional turkey, but that is just my opinion:

2 tablespoon Lea & Perrins worcestershire
1 tablespoon crab boil
1/4 cup apple cider
3/4 cup honey
1 bottled beer
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon allspice
1/2 cup essence or Creole spice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
pinch of clove

Airboss said:
Captain Morgan said:
I just buy the bottled stuff.

Thanks Jim. What a I looking for? The stuff that's in the same isle as the "Dales's" marinade etc? And do you have a favorite for turkey frying?

I find the Dale's stuff to be too salty.

I too use the bottle injection stuff (usually comes with a syringe). My favorite is the Creole Butter. Tony Cachere & Chef Williams Cajun Injector & are the big boys in this market.

I'd advise against using butter and make sure you filter your injection. The cold bird has a way of solidifying the butter and clogging your syringe. You can also clog your syringe if you don't filter the stuff.

I've used the creole butter and a couple of others from Bass Pro Shops and haven't had any complaints with it. Congrats on your first fried bird, enjoy.

Here is a Beer and Butter injection I have been using for a few years.

Beer n' Butter Poultry Injection

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 pound butter
1/2 can beer
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Tabasco
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over a low heat. Stir and heat until salt is dissolved and the sauce is even and runny. Keep warm (but not hot) to inject.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom