Inject or Brine???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you prefer to Inject or Brine a turkey prior to Deep Frying it?

• Inject

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brine

• Other

• Total voters

Bruce B

Master Chef
The few times I have fried a turkey I have injected it. Other times when doing it on the WSM or the kettle or gasser I have brined.

This year, I bought butterball turkeys, the pre-brined kind, and did them on the WSM and they turned out just as moist as any turkey I have done.

I really think the key, whether you inject, brine, or purchase pre-brined, is not to overcook the bird. If you remove the bird at the proper internal temp or just a little early (5 or so degrees prior to proper temp) tent it in foil and let it rest 20 minutes or so, you will have a moist, juicy turkey.

If you do overcook it, I do think brining gives you that little extra wiggle room to still produce a moist turkey.

Just my own personal opinion here...I'm not ga-ga over the texture of the meat of a brined bird it seems a little mooshy to me, now that may be a matter of how long I brined it, or some other unknown factor, but as I said that's just my personal opinion.

Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary depending on driving habits and road conditions.

Back
Top Bottom