Favorite Oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried that once after hearing about it, but it didn't come out well...is the corn supposed to be frozen or something before putting it in?

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3gcolrmp]Valvoline 5W-30

I thought you used vasoline![/quote:3gcolrmp]

Sledneck.......is that you posing as Nick?? I thought Nick was the one nice guy in Long Island?

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":34sfbggk][quote="Larry Wolfe":34sfbggk]Valvoline 5W-30

I thought you used vasoline![/quote:34sfbggk]

Sledneck.......is that you posing as Nick?? I thought Nick was the one nice guy in Long Island?[/quote:34sfbggk]

Hey...I couldn't help it! I knew it was wrong, but............

BTW, I think sledneck is mia at the other board! Somebody over there is raising hell, and no it's not ME!

Yeah... me thinks so.

He sat there and said... Hey why not?

Fin, [Voice=Takeshi Kaga] If memory serves me correctly [/voice] You replied to the guy ... after accidently dumping his Frying pot onto his driveway and wondering what to do about the stain .... You told him to take the rest of the leftover oil and spill it all over the rest of the driveway to even it out. :grin: I thought that was hilarious. If it wasn't you.... It sure sounds like something you'd say !!!! #-o :grin:

Bryan S said:
My Favorite is Lard but i don't use it too often. Not getting any younger here. 8-[ It will make the absolute best fries with fresh cut Idaho Spuds soaked and drained several times in ice cold water and the double fry method. =P~

What does the soaking in cold do for them?

dollarbill said:
Bryan S said:
My Favorite is Lard but i don't use it too often. Not getting any younger here. 8-[ It will make the absolute best fries with fresh cut Idaho Spuds soaked and drained several times in ice cold water and the double fry method. =P~

What does the soaking in cold do for them?

Makes them wet and cold. :shock: Sorry man, I couldn't help it. :oops:

Like the fella say...lard is the best. Peanut is next best for most purposes. Canola (Rapeseed) oil is pizzen..dont use that. It gets me vapor locked from indigestion. Corn oil aint bad for certain functions. Crisco in the can aint bad neither. Just dont buy anything which says Canola oil on it and it should be ok.

bigwheel

doing my first turkey fry this weekend. my wife is allergic to peanuts (not serve but she is). what would y'all recommend? I was thinking canola but read the post above mine ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom